monchan

first build, happiness

Firstly thanks for everyones imput with the questions I had.

I found the build relativley easy. Though I didn`t have few "S##T" moments while building it.

Mainly, hop up titainum screws. Thought I`d put them in from the beginning to reduce weight.

And I thought it would take time to do it later. well I didn`t realize they were hex screws, tried to do the

build with the small include hex spanner. Impossible. LHS was closed but the home centre had something

that got me through. have since got a proper one.

Anyway putting in first was a mistake. After a few stripped heads and a bit of paninc. I realized

that its much easier to use the included screws first to cut the thread in the plastic then put the hexes in.

Had a bit of an upset with my paint job, but after removing the film and put on the decals I could fogive myself

as it was my first paint job.

The ESC TBLE 03s. #4 led keeps flashes red, thought I had done something wrong so didnt run my car.

After re-reading and re-reading, I found one line that says #4 led flashes when not useing boosted parts.

Not sure what that means but guessed I wasn`t. let rip on the road out the front. my cat chased it around like a dog,

so had to stop before he got hurt. was immpressed.

Took it to the local track, to familiarize myself with the track and car.

Big smiles..........crash. smile a bit smaller. a few more rolls and crashes, cracked body and scratches, but back to big smiles.

entering a beginner race on the morrow....

I dont seem to able to upload other images.

post-44660-0-80128200-1436584318_thumb.j

post-44660-0-84421200-1436584323_thumb.j

• Like 3

Well, in the pictures both, the car and the paintjob look pretty good ;)

That is the good thing with the hobby... the endless smiles that these things can bring.

Good luck in the beginners race! :)

When I realized I couldn`t build it with the small included hex spanner I got a cheapish one from the home centre.

Don`t think it was a prefect match??? I was surprised, I thought they were much softer than I thought they would be.

Which country are you in monchan?

Tamiya uses metric hex heads. US drivers will be close, but not close enough.

Had my first race, on Sunday. was pretty cool.

Didn`t do real well in the first race, went off track a few times,

sliding around all the tight corners overal pretty slow times. nothing under 16sec. and up to 23 sec.

Second race was much better. Stayed on the track the whole time, my total laps was up by 3.

and I had 10 laps under 15sec, fastest was a 14.?? was pretty happy.

Then someone gave my some tire softener to help get some grip. Didnt work

last race I was all over the shop.

Things the other guys told me,

My body choice was not really good. Should of had a touring car body with a wing. (was given one by the end of the day)

I need to lower my chassis height, by getting adjustable dampers.

Then they said I need to do something about stopping unneeded movement of the suspension arms.

I think they said if I lower the car with shocks the car will have rebound or something, and I need to limit that.

The tt-02 doesnt have anything on the chassis for this like higher end cars do.

However I found some new hopups for the type-s that seem like they are made for this.

Hop up#54634 steel suspension mount.

What should the height of t he chassis be?

post-44660-0-53482000-1436963791_thumb.j

If its a smooth on road surface, then I used to run 3mm rear and 2mm front ride height and very hard springs. If the surface isnt that smooth, then just adjust the ride height so that the car is as low as possible without bottoming out on the surface.

Tamiya TRF touring car dampers are still the best you can buy pretty much, and they arent that expensive for what you get.

To stop unwanted rebound most touring cars have a small grub screw that screws down into the suspension arms and hits against the chassis plate to stop the arms going any further down, thus limiting the rebound.

Personally I would try and source a second hand TRF car or even something like a TA05 which has all the adjustability options already thought out on the chassis. Otherwise just race the TT02 as it is TBH and have fun. :)

James

:)

Yeah I was recommened the big bore ones, wasn`t sure if it was going over the top or not. Your right though, I could use them on future chassis.

Should I get extra springs like the hard ones like jim mentioned, its pretty even track. are the springs that

come with the set standard mid level?

What oil is recommended for these? if I get the chasis set low.How much does the oil make a difference, for a biginner what would be best?

Also, you mentioned it the suspension set gives 3dec of toe in.

I was thinking about getting the rear upright hop up op1549 which gives 2.5 dec. toe in.

Would these not be needed with the suspension set, or would it they be of extra benifit?