KEV THE REV

Frog heavy duty steering rods

Thanks again Terry - think I’ve got my shopping list now - I have some ball ends that I can bolt onto the servo saver with a wheel nut - the thread is just long enough.

9 minutes ago, Nickaford said:

Thanks again Terry - think I’ve got my shopping list now - I have some ball ends that I can bolt onto the servo saver with a wheel nut - the thread is just long enough.

NP.  Part of the fun (for me) is figuring out how to solve all these little issues...

Actually, I've changed my steering setup from when I posted in that thread.  Its pretty much the same, but I think the HPI buckles I used broke and got replaced with Duratrax.  I think I also upgraded the ball ends to something beefier...

Terry

Having said that I have my shopping list, I have just realised that the online supplier I found is in HK and postage will be more than the cost of the items! Back to the search engine!

On 1/11/2021 at 3:57 PM, Nickaford said:

I’ve just picked up on this as my steering rods are a bit wobbly. I have found the turnbuckles but am confused by the ball ends as some seem to have metal ball sockets built in - as attached. What type of caps do I need to fit the standard ball on the Frog steering arm?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Sorry for delay in replying, the point is what you intend to do: keeping the car as original as possible or starting a slow fall in the modify / upgrade addiction?
To be sincere, today, I would not made the same modify.
However Tamiya spares catalog could be helpful to find the simpliest solution in both cases.
IMO the easiest way is findig 2mm steering rods with a proper length and use 50633 ball ends also on the servo horn but if yuo need to beef up to 3mm steering rod keeping the original uniballs you have to switch to proper ball ends.

Sorry for bad english

Thanks fir the suggestion. I have replaced the rod ends which seems to have improved things - I don’t plan to run it very much and have tried to keep pretty original - save for the ESC and a few broken parts.

For my sins I have just bought a original SRB chassis off eBay as a project - not the best financial approach to building a Sand Scorcher but hopefully an enjoyable one. That will end up being a real mix of original and re-re as I doubt I will be able to source the number of original parts that I will need.