Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

Wanted urgently - TB Evolution universals (pair)

Urgent request for anyone who might have a pair of universal shafts to fit a TB Evolution chassis.

I've finally figured out why my TB01 Rally keeps spitting dogbones - it's got Evolution arms, which are obviously different dimensions. If anyone can help me out with a set of these I'd be grateful, I've got a big event in just over a fortnight and I don't have an eligible car until I get this one running.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

I have the long universal set for TB01 + TG10 53410 in my FS bit

sven

Thanks guys I think I've got what I need now - will shout again if what I've been offered turns out to be wrong :)

Just writing this here so it's written down somewhere:

My first purchase was a 53409 (standard TB01 universals), thinking my TB01 was bone-stock. This didn't fit so I went back online and searched and searched and found a 53410 listed as the unis for the "long arm" TB01 - this also turned out not to fit. Further investigation revealed that 53410 is not for the "long arm kit" but is actually for certain TB01s and TG10s that came with wider shells. The unis have a longer spline to increase rear width but are otherwise the same as 53409.

Neither would fit my rear end because it mysteriously uses 1260 bearings instead of the usual 1150s. I was thoroughly confused, went searching online, found a manual for a TB Evo, and realised that's what I have. Thinking my chassis has been hybridised by someone, I thought I was going to have a time finding the right unis, especially since original TB Evo parts are getting hard to find.

It was only after posting this that I discovered the Evo arms are what you get in the Long Arm Kit (53430). The correct universal shaft is available separately as the 53431, which is still available on the 'bay in small quantities.

In summary:

Two-piece bottom arms with 1150s = standard TB01 fitment

One-piece bottom arms with 1260s = 53430 Long Arm Kit (as standard on TB Evolution)

53409: Fits standard arms, has standard spline

53410: Fits standard arms, has longer spline for widening track

53431: Fits 53430 Long Arm Kit

Hopefully this will come up in a Google search and help someone else out in the future :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this