MadInventor

Mad Max Fury Road War Rig build

2 hours ago, SRB Bloke said:

It would be great if there was a member out there that could weather paint the whole project for you...  "if anyone's listening"  :) 

Truly amazing truck, your time and patience is outstanding and your skills with metalwork awesome...  

I wonder what's next. ??????????????????

A rest. I've had enough of multiyear projects now, so am going to content myself with running what I've got, and maybe doing some small projects such as modified versions of existing models (Maybe a 6x4 Mad Bull with a walking beam rear suspension), but definitely no more scratch building bodywork, and now more building things from the ground up.

2 hours ago, Biz73 said:

That is one bad-a$$ machine! Any chance you plan to get more running footage? The dirt will weather it nicely :D

Thanks for sharing this project, it has been an amazing thing to see.

I'm planning on getting some more running footage, but don't think I will have time before the weather turns nasty. I would like to take the time to make a mount for fitting a GoPro onto the Rig various in places, but as John Snow said, 'Winter is coming', and I want to drive it when it's dusty to naturally weather it, not go mud plugging and have to scrape the gloop off it with a screwdriver :lol:. So yes, there will be more footage, but maybe not until next year.

• Like 4

Utterly, utterly fabulous.

What a fantastic model you have created there.

• Thanks 1

It's great seeing it finally finished!

Can't wait see it wheathered,especially the superchargers and exhaust wraps could do with some grime

• Thanks 1

That looks amazing Martin, you’ve finished it well. 

It looks great amongst all your other scratch built projects, you should be proud.  

• Thanks 1

Wow...what an epic journey! Congratulations on getting it completed! A pure masterpiece from conception to execution  ! Hoping to see more of your work...I haven’t had much time to build these last few months and have been sporadically checking in on my favorite builds threads and was pleasantly surprised to see this accomplishment! 

• Thanks 1

Hats off to you mate, epic build.

Time for feet up and enjoy running the cars you've got 👍

• Thanks 1

Let’s see if they are releasing a new Mad Max film, give him something else to do, idle hands and all that.

• Haha 1

Been building more stuff for the War Rig:

SAM_1079.jpg
SAM_1080.jpg

Whats that ?...…. ;)

Bolts onto the trailer like this:
SAM_1081.jpg

Add this lump of machined plastic and the tightening handle I made:
SAM_1082.jpg

to give a custom made GoPro mount

SAM_1084.jpg

which allows me to mount a GoPro in 3 different positions on the trailer, or mount 3 GoPro's in one go

SAM_1086.jpg

and I also added some more skulls to the trailer, and mounted / painted the 3 on the front.
SAM_1088.jpg
SAM_1090.jpg

Just waiting on spare time and good weather converging to do a bit more filming with it now :)

• Like 8

Does it still fit in the boot of your car?. You could just build another wagon to transport it to your filming location? :P :D

Always look forward to updates in this thread.  

Can I have a quick update on the weight without having to read back too far?

1 hour ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Does it still fit in the boot of your car?. You could just build another wagon to transport it to your filming location? :P :D

Always look forward to updates in this thread.  

Can I have a quick update on the weight without having to read back too far?

TBH I haven't weighed all of it yet, but I think the combined weight of everything is somewhere in the region of 25-30Kg. It doesn't fit in the boot of the car, but I can get it in the car if I put the back seats down. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most outstanding, and i'm just half way through my first 1:14 G.H. rig build. i relish scratch builds. i read some of the 17 pages. your pics are phenomenal, so what is your next endeavor? 

On 12/11/2018 at 9:01 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

Nice!  I'm looking forward to the video!

Me too!

Loved the vids earlier on in the build 👍

• Thanks 1

Ha! - Epic stuff!

I love the scene between 2.00 and 2.08 especially... and who knew a FAV could wheelie like that!!!

Jx

1 hour ago, JennyMo said:

Ha! - Epic stuff!

I love the scene between 2.00 and 2.08 especially... and who knew a FAV could wheelie like that!!!

Jx

That's 3S LiPo, a silver can, and TLT-1 tyres on the back for grip :)

• Like 2

Love the smoke stacks Martin, they look the part! 😎

• Like 1

when i first saw this a few months ago it's one of the reasons i signed onto here at Tamiya Club. Glad to see it back.

I say this build should be a Sticky.

is it still heading towards 70Lbs, or has it surpassed it?

Apologies if this is old news but it appears that the War Rig has an American relative.

This is a really neat Pic i had sent to me today from Fast Eddy that had a booth there............

W74VFqL.jpg

• Like 2