RMR110

Bearing capable rims

I am not sure of the protocol for posting links to commercial sellers, but i just noticed a sale going online that members might be interested in with some Jconcept wheels in Black or white in what i believe is the right size for vintage SRB tyres. they also note that " The Hazard front wheel accepts the 3/16” x 5/16” flanged bearing or bushing found on the original and Classic RC10." Takes a 1.7 tyre

If someone can confirm that posting a link is Kosher, I can share as the prices seem very keen (note i having nothing to do with the hobby industry so am not connected with the seller in any way apart from being a customer).

These rims/wheels will be to suit the original/re-release Associated RC10.. The imperial bearings they require will NOT fit the Rough Rider front axles without modifications to the wheel, or axle..

If you want to really dress up your old Rough Rider, why not buy some re-release Buggy Champ wheels and tyres, and some nice alloy wheels, or wheel covers..?

Hi Backlash,

i have been ordering bearings from Plaig bearings and doing the calculations, I believe that a 3/16 x 5/16 equates to 5mm centre hole (same size as the axle) by 8mm (space on the rim for the bearing to seat) by whatever depth it comes in (plus its flanged). What part do you think wouldn't match up? I'm interested as i have bought some different Jconcepts wheels and tested them with some other flanged bearings i had from Plaig (5 x 8 x 2.5mm). The axle part was fine, but the OD of the bearing needed to be bigger to seat on the outside of the seat, and i was going to order the imperial ones to suit.

Hi Backlash,

What part do you think wouldn't match up?

Only that the imperial bearing sizes don't align that well with the metric bearings and shafts used by Tamiya..

With 5/16 of an inch being 7.9375mm, I suppose you could get 850 (8mm x 5mm) flanged bearings to fit the 5/16 wheels..

The safest might be for me to use the backend of my drill bits in the various sizes to check fit and slop.

back to the drawing board as the axle opening on that imperial bearing will be too small. The 5/16 dimension is the outer diameter of the bearing to fit into the opening and is fine. As you commented in the 1st post, metric Tamiya and imperial don't easily mix. :(

5x8mm bearings go right into a standard RC10 wheel, and allow them to slip onto Tamiya axles. If these wheels are designed to use RC10 bearings, you should be able to do the same thing. If there is no inner step to support the bearing (as there is on RC10 wheels), then just use 5x8mm flanged bearings.

5x8mm bearings go right into a standard RC10 wheel, and allow them to slip onto Tamiya axles. If these wheels are designed to use RC10 bearings, you should be able to do the same thing. If there is no inner step to support the bearing (as there is on RC10 wheels), then just use 5x8mm flanged bearings.

Thanks,

i do have the 5x8 flanged bearings after using them in another project. With these tyres however, the opening is larger and even the 8mm OD flanged bearing drops too far into the well opening. I have measured the opening at around 9.4mm - 9.5mm (although it makes more sense that its 3/8 which is supposed to be 9.52mm). I had found some 5x9x3mm bearings which i was going to try next if there is nothing suitable in imperial.