Sign in to follow this  
BigSteve

Be Aware TT-02D Chassis Kit V's TT-02D Full Kit.

Ok so it's time for a rant at Tamiya I recently bought a TT-02D chassis kit second hand that came with the special hardened plastic uprights, damper towers, upper gearbox cases, metal plated battery strap and brake disc wheel hubs/Hex adaptors as per spec. I liked the chassis that much I decided to buy a complete kit (58604 Skyline gt-r33) that came with an esc, wheels and tyres and a body shell. The kit box comes marked up as a tt-02d chassis but to my surprise the special hardened plastic parts and the special plated parts are not included just std variants.

Now I understand that with a full kit you get an esc, body shell and wheel and tyres but surely that's what you pay the extra money for. Why would Tamiya cut corners with regards to the plastic and plated parts.

Steve.

What?!, Tamiya scrimping on parts?............Never!!!

Oh, unless it saves them money.......then they will. :-)

Chassis kits usually give you better materials and features at the expense of ESCs, LEDs, and bodies. The standard kits include the the ESCs, LEDs, and bodies, but you won't get all the fancy parts. Do a search on Tamiya USA for TT02D, and you can see the differences between TT02D, TT02D chassis kit, and TT02D Type S chassis kit. What you're describing is not unusual; it was this way with the TT01 variants as well.