Sign in to follow this  
TeaMonster

New member saying hello

Hello all,

New member here saying hello, I have visited the forum many times to look/drool at the Tamiya cars that have been built, pretty much the same as I used to do over the Tamiya catalogue years ago. I owned a Grasshopper back in the day, my mate had a Hornet and I really wanted the Frog which never happened, until now J

Currently I have The Frog only upgrade is fully ballraced and steel pinion and a Lunchbox ballraced, 3rd shock mod done and oil filled dampers all round, now bitten by the bug and already looking for my next kit/kits.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard, from one new member to another!

I started my RC adventure back in the 80s with a Grasshopper, just like you. Only my friend had a Falcon and I drooled over the Boomerang. Are you still running a stock motor in your Frog?

Welcome to TamiyaClub..

Its sounds like you are off to a good start with your collection..

Please take the time to update your forum profile with your location or country, as it can make things easier if members want to make recommendations etc..

Welcome to the club :) . Unfortunately your interest in tamiya will now turn into an obsession/addiction and your collection will grow and grow! :lol:

Seriously though it's a great club with many knowledgeable members.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the replies, I do fear for my wallet now😀

Not sure on my next purchase re re or try out something more modern?

Welcome!

I started with a Grasshopper in the 80's - now grown up, but still a big kid at heart and now I've got the bug big time

Hello my name is Dave and I'm an addict... at first it was just an interest in my old tamiya truck, then my obsession grew and I started hanging out in chat rooms with strangers. Then I started ignoring my friends on face book just to hang out with the "NEW" friends, buying more stuff at every opportunity, always looking for something new to satisfy my craving.. its all in your mind.... This is the place to talk to like minded people with the same addiction. One day at a time my friends on day at a time....lol

• Like 5

Another Tamiya freak coming out the closet here.....got my first in 86'...'grew up' and got fifteen or sixteen more, starting about four years ago and still going!

So many projects to finish (or start)

Been reading the forums here for a couple years but just signed up at long last

My wife's not always impressed with my purchasing activity and I do feel like Jack explaining his magic bean sometimes but in here I'm safe and sane....apparently !

• Like 1

Welcome to the slippery slope...another addict here...apparently, according to the like minded folk here, at 17 cars it's not yet a problem, so you're in good company lol!

I joined the club 6 weeks ago; collection has gone from 6 to 15. Close your PayPal account now. Or at least don't let the Mrs see your balance!

Welcome aboard, Tea Monster! And yeah, careful with your paypal. These things do reproduce! :lol:

Hello and welcome TM. Great group of folks here. Lots of great resources. Be sure to post pics of your collection, we love pics.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the welcome,

Lots of excellent information on here and people willing to lend their assistance :)

Hoping to add to the collection before the end of the week :D

I joined the club 6 weeks ago; collection has gone from 7 to 16. Close your PayPal account now. Or at least don't let the Mrs see your balance!

That is an impressive start, what have you gone for? Re re or new models?

• Like 1

A mixture. Bush Devil, Porsche 956 Mk. 5, Subaru Impreza Arai Version, Dark Impact, Porsche GT2, Toyota TS020, re re Sand Scorcher, Grasshopper & Audi TT Abt. Whatever took my fancy! They have joined Alfa Giuilia, Toyota Celica, Fiat 500, Peugeot 405, Mad Bull, re re (not re re re!) Tyrrell P34, & glow-engined Subaru Impreza! Like I said, close PayPal! It's just too easy! btw, that's only 16, not 17 as originally quoted. Got over excited. Better visit Stella this morning, just for accuracy's sake!

• Like 1

That is an impressive start, what have you gone for? Re re or new models?

Should've quoted you, sorry!

A mixture. Bush Devil, Porsche 956 Mk. 5, Subaru Impreza Arai Version, Dark Impact, Porsche GT2, Toyota TS020, re re Sand Scorcher, Grasshopper & Audi TT Abt. Whatever took my fancy! They have joined Alfa Giuilia, Toyota Celica, Fiat 500, Peugeot 405, Mad Bull, re re (not re re re!) Tyrrell P34, & glow-engined Subaru Impreza! Like I said, close PayPal! It's just too easy! btw, that's only 16, not 17 as originally quoted. Got over excited. Better visit Stella this morning, just for accuracy's sake!

That is an impressive list, have you had chance to build many yet? I think to start with I am going to go for a Brat or Wild willy and then a more modern buggy.

Then its a 4wd as I never had one, I think you are right about Paypal :D

Welcome aboard the board :)

That is an impressive list, have you had chance to build many yet? I think to start with I am going to go for a Brat or Wild willy and then a more modern buggy.

Cheers! None of the new ones are built; the Fiat, Mad Bull, Celica and Tyrrell are. There's something about NIB kits that just stops me from getting started! I try and stick to a max of £100 per kit so it doesn't get too out of hand. I've bought from other members and they are great to buy from. Fair prices and a shared love! Make sure you have a big shed or loft!

There's so much knowledge on the site too. I doubt there's a question you could ask that hasn't been answered already somewhere!

Most importantly, have fun!

You going Vintage willy restoration or new WW2

I think to start with I am going to go for a Brat or Wild willy and then a more modern buggy.

Welcome!

Interesting choices there - certainly an old-school theme starting to develop.

Since you already have an ORV and a wheelie chassis in your fleet, how about making your next purchase something different? If old-school is your thing, perhaps a re-re in another category might give more variety? Maybe a touring car like the TA-02SW Porsche GT2? Or perhaps a 4WD Hotshot buggy? Maybe even a scaler based on the venerable CC-01?

Thanks for the welcome,

A hotshot is high up the list it was the only 4wd I can remember. Also the frog keeps spitting the dog bone out so a brat has just moved down the pecking order.

I am thinking a more modern buggy to see what the handling is like, I have only ever driven a grasshopper, hornet, frog and the lunchbox.

You going Vintage willy restoration or new WW2

I would like to go vintage but I think the price maybe the deciding factor