Sign in to follow this  
JeepnMike

Mad Bull / DT-01 Discontinued Again?

My son managed to find something really hard, and very much not moving, to crash his Mad Bull into. I have started looking for parts, and I am seeing a similar trend as I did when the Mad Bull was discontinued. The parts I am trying to find is a chassis which my son broke the steering post on, as well as the F-Parts which has the damper stay for the DT-01.

Does anybody know if this is discontinued again? I can find the chassis in a couple of places (not the places I would usually expect to see it), but the F-Parts are discontinued per TamiyaUSA and there is literally only two of them on the internet, both in Europe which doesn't help me. The F-Parts being discontinued I think is what has me worried most, other than the lack of parts available on the web.

Since I am asking newbie questions, does anybody know if there is alternative part numbers and maybe that is where I am wrong? Here are the part numbers I am searching for:

9335263 - DT-01 F Parts

0445673 - DT-01 Chassis

I have two Mad Bulls, but it has been fun having two RUNNING Mad Bulls :) We make cul-de-sac tracks, build jumps, it is fun for the kids. I am going to be majorly bummed if these get shelved.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hi Mike,

The Mad Bull, Mad Fighter, and Rising Fighter kits are all still listed on Tamiya USA and available for purchase, so I don't think these kits are discontinued. Rising Fighter is a hybrid between Hornet chassis and DT-01 gearbox; the others are pure DT-01 both chassis and gearbox.

Looking through the spare parts list for the Mad Bull, Tamiya USA has the chassis for $13.00.

Comparing the Mad Bull and Mad Fighter manuals, it looks like the Mad Bull F parts (9335263) are very similar to Mad Fighter D parts (9335353).

9335263 (Mad Bull) is listed as discontinued with no guidance, but 9335353 (Mad Fighter) is listed as discontinued with guidance to order 9335237 (Fighter Buggy RX). 9335237 is available from Tamiya USA for $12.50.

Looks like for $25.50 Tamiya USA has you covered.

I swear I wasn't being lazy in my parts searches! :) I knew the chassis was shared, but I didn't realize the other chassis' would have note to alternatives like you found, thanks Speedy! It sure would be nice if TamiyaUSA would note alternative parts for discontinued parts, especially if the buggy isn't a discontinued item.

I just ordered the parts and somehow refrained from spending an extra $18 to get free shipping.. That is always a challenge :D This is kind of a blessing breakage, my son's Mad Bull is REALLY in a need of a rebuild.

Thanks again!!

No problem, dude. When searching on the parts it wasn't obvious at first. What happened was I clicked on the Mad Fighter part and the recommendation for a Fighter Buggy RX part was buried as part of an extended title. Just using the search box and looking at results wouldn't have pointed you to the RX part. Glad I could help.

Some parts for the Mad Bull come in different colored plastic (dark grey instead of black), maybe that's why there are different parts numbers? I've got to check and compare the manuals by myself tomorrow.