bsy2010

Just got a Cat - but which one?

Initially I was looking for a cheap Hot Shot or Super Hot Shot, but found this guy in a Facebook Group, selling dozens of cars and even more boats from an old collection.

03bec17c3fb3e73162186abee8a390b9.jpg

Of course I recognized the Schumacher in the back, but no more information was supplied, but for 30€ shipped I didn't care too much

eb60f099ff5cc78c96be061bc2289cb9.jpg

cecb436a45c709e6bde3018b12fc4450.jpg

160858fb1cfc69c181ee1ebf80c1e030.jpg

Even came with a servo and some modified motor and all parts seem in good shape :)

I lost track of all the Cat versions in the late 80s, so now the big question is: what model did I get?

Thanks in advance :)

Hmmm, that's a good question. The Cat and the Kyosho Inferno were a few of the cars whose variations I could not keep track of. If no one knows on here, look for cats on eBay and see which one matches. That's how I figured out what car my friends losi street weapon was. Good luck!

• Like 1

It looks like a procat/boscat/xls the chassis, that should give you something to google :-)

• Like 1

Great find!

I would put my money on the 'procat',but wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

I remember it came out just before the RC scene seem to go touring cars,and I lost interest.

They are fetching good money now, I keep looking!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! That'll give me something to work with, unless someone else has a better idea :)

Yep, it's a procat, but has the Parma 'fat cat' body that was originally released for the cat xls

It looks like it's in good condition too, and has both the anti roll bars still fitted which is good

• Like 1

Having a closer look at the pics it looks like it has Cat XLS wheels rather than pro cat - they are rarer than the pro cat ones. Cat XLS wheels are smooth, procat have a raised cross on them.

Chassis, wing mount and rear upper arms are pro-cat though - the pro cat manual on Schumachers website is here:

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Technical_Info/Schumacher/Old%20Cars/Procat/Instruction%20Manual/Procat_manual.pdf

• Like 1

Also not sure about the screws - the pro cat mainly came with cross-head screws, while the original Cat XLS had slotted screws. You may have an Cat XLS that has been 'upgraded' with the procat chassis, rear arms & wing/damper mounts - or a pro-cat with non-original screws :wacko:

Looks like a car that will be easy to restore to good condition either way

• Like 1

I don't think that's an xls the xls that I remember had elastic bands on the front arm mounts so they hinged and would flex backwards on a front end impact.

Carl

Seems like I have to upload a few more detailed pics.

Will do Sunday