kontemax

Lunchbox front width measures.

Hi,

at the moment I don't own the Lunchbox but I have a project in mind so I call all Lunchbox owners because I need some measures about the model.

I need to know the precise distance between the right and the left pin of the front knuckles (not the wheel axles).

In millimeters if possible, if not imperial measure is good anyway, I will convert it in metric.

The measures must take with the suspensions, dampers and arms correctly mounted (without the wheels obviously) and almost full extended.

Please let me explain. The full extended Lunchbox front suspensions cause the well known positive angle of the front wheels. I need the correct distance between the pins with the wheels at 0 degrees, so the suspensions must be a little bit compressed.

I know this seems hard to explain but I hope to have hit the target.

Waiting for your responce.

Many thanks

Max

156mm, can I put her back together and go outside and play? ^_^

Measured on a non modified XB LB so that should be put together 100%

My project is impossible... :mellow::(

Not impossible - just very challenging Max :)

• Like 1

My idea was to use an aluminum GPM front solid axle from the King Hauler onto the Lunchbox front end.
When everybody choose the indipendent double wishbones front suspension I would like to choose the solid axle like the original monster truck.
But the difference in width is too much, the King hauler front axle is 2 cm narrower.
This means that I must build by myself the part.

Max

Hmm, I'm wondering if there are any other Tamiya models that might have a solid axle, might be worth messaging Madinventor, I know he has quite the trick set-up for his Lunchbox.

• Like 1

There are no models with a front solid axles except the rigs.

Anyway I will think something about this project.

Max

Why would you spend money when that is something you can make yourself, Max?

I had a similar idea for my custom Dodge A-100 puller and had to make the rigid front axle myself... using a pair of badly bent Pumpkin suspension arms. Here's some pictures so you can get an idea to make yours better:

IMG_0569_zpspwfyrwz4_1.jpg

IMG_0592_zpstddfetiq_1.jpg

And painted all black is going to look really nice. :)

IMG_0588_zpss8p9twbg_1.jpg

See? Makes me wish life would be more like customizing an RC vehicle... no impossibles to face! ;):)

Good luck, and don't leave the project, Max!

• Like 1

I have a 'very' solid front axle I'm no longer using:

img33435_11112013200204_4.jpg

img33435_30102013160903_3.jpg

I think from memory it matches the width of a F350 axle, so is quite a bit wider than a king hauler front axle. I have machined the servo recess out to hold a standard sized servo. If you're interested I'll see if I can find it ............

Alternatively you could have a look at the second axle I made for my half track build (In the builds forum) . very simple to make from 12mm box section and 4 pieces of steel plate.

There are no models with a front solid axles except the rigs.

Anyway I will think something about this project.

Max

Max,

Why not use a 4x4 chassis such as a CR01, TLT, or even a non Tamiya like an Axial SCX10 chassis, and make a 4x4 Lunchbox Mudrunner?..

Hi mates,

I thank you for all these advices but I believe it is not that simple.

I was thinking to this, clear, neat, fast, cheap, easy and with the right shape:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180871253961

Now I must reconsider the idea or find a very good solution. There's no room in the chassis for a so massive front axle with servo included plus the four links and so on, imho.

Max