Matt888

Sand Scorcher/ Buggy Champ ball differential.

Has anyone fitted a 84113 differential set into their SRB?

I don't know if I am being really stupid but I've built it exactly to the instructions and fitted it into the car.

When I built it my first thought was which shaft gives drive because the drive train gear has bearings with a plate either side, so if you hold the shafts you can turn the main gear freely, I fitted it into the car because it says that you can adjust it in place but when I adjusted it up tight it still gives me no drive at all.

I hope I've explained it.

My advice would be to clean everything and rebuild it, re-checking the instructions as you go..

Also, did you use ball diff grease on the diff balls, or just regular grease?

My advice would be to clean everything and rebuild it, re-checking the instructions as you go..

Also, did you use ball diff grease on the diff balls, or just regular grease?

I used the ball diff grease that came with the kit.

Has anyone fitted a 84113 differential set into their SRB?

I don't know if I am being really stupid but I've built it exactly to the instructions and fitted it into the car.

When I built it my first thought was which shaft gives drive because the drive train gear has bearings with a plate either side, so if you hold the shafts you can turn the main gear freely, I fitted it into the car because it says that you can adjust it in place but when I adjusted it up tight it still gives me no drive at all.

I hope I've explained it.

I'll let you know how I get on I've just bought a differential set yesterday for my SRB but it could be the case of re-building it again because I've just built two for my avante and the rear one I built no problem but the front I got no drive so I re-built it the same way (at least I thought it was the same way!) And it works perfect so I still don't know what I did wrong the first time!! "Bizarre"

I'll let you know how I get on I've just bought a differential set yesterday for my SRB but it could be the case of re-building it again because I've just built two for my avante and the rear one I built no problem but the front I got no drive so I re-built it the same way (at least I thought it was the same way!) And it works perfect so I still don't know what I did wrong the first time!! "Bizarre"

That would be perfect if you could let me know I'll have another go in the meantime.

That would be perfect if you could let me know I'll have another go in the meantime.

Sorry for the delay! I've built and put the diff in my fighting buggy and I had the same problem as you described but I turned it back 1\2 instead of 1\4 like it says in the instructions and turned the wheel on the side that the spur gear is on back 1\4 of a turn and it works perfect I have no idea why it stiffens up again when that wheel goes on and then writes it's self when you turn it back a fraction (1\4ish!)

Sorry for the delay! I've built and put the diff in my fighting buggy and I had the same problem as you described but I turned it back 1\2 instead of 1\4 like it says in the instructions and turned the wheel on the side that the spur gear is on back 1\4 of a turn and it works perfect I have no idea why it stiffens up again when that wheel goes on and then writes it's self when you turn it back a fraction (1\4ish!)

Ok so if I'm getting this right when you first build the diff and you have it in your hand you undo the bolt 1/2 turn, then fit it into the diff casing put the wheels on, lock it with the Allen key and tighten up 1/4 of a turn?

Also did the bearings in the gear go in both ways because mine would drop through, did you grease both sides of the plates?

Before the diff goes into the buggy tighten it up then it says turn it back 1\4 but I did it 1\2 but make sure you got them four spring washers the write way as instructions then obviously the last thing to go back on is the wheels, the wheel on the side of the spur gear (the right one)tighten up the same as the left one but then turn the right one back a 1\4! Yes i did grease both sides!I must say my fighting buggy is much better for it! I hope that helps!