Having purchased a used Astute from a fellow TC member (looking forward to its arrival) :) ....... I am wandering about what colour to use for the body? PS2 Red or should I do similar to what Wyoming has done with his Jimny, Metallic Red, backed with silver and then backed again with black? As that turned out very nice indeed. One side of me is saying go box art with the PS2 red, but going the other route still goes red, but just gives it a different look. ???

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

James

:)

Tough call....I guess so long as you're happy with the result that's the main thing, personally I like to make most of my Tamiyas 75-90% box art with a few tweaks to 'make it mine' - unless I really don't like the box art scheme.

• Like 1

Doh!

What about the bright red? Is it brighter than the Mica Red?

Max

Right guys, I am semi stuck, as my LHS "30miles away" so still local , only has PS Metallic Red in stock. Do I go with that or do I buy online and pay £13 for a tin of PS paint. ?

James

Too bad it wasn't that easy to get Tamiya's version of Ferrari red as I have heard it really is ace looking in person.

astute.jpg

I found these and included them in the package. Manual is very nice condition!! Bit of inspiration for you!

• Like 1

I have a can of ps-60 I bought a while back to paint a revo shell and im sure I read somewhere that that's the colour Tamiya suggests for a Ferrari .

either way its a sweet looking colour once applied.

Yes PS60 is what they recommend for the Ferrari colour.

Andrew, thats fantastic :) Cannot wait for it arriving, its actually in theory my birthday present as the wife has agreed to give me most of the money for it :)

James