RCcoachworks

Tamiya Photo Cards

I was just going through some old files and found these photo cards that I got in some kits that I bought back around 2000 or so. Does Tamiya still include these in any kits? I was just wondering how long they put them in kits and which kits they were included in. I was thinking of hanging these in frames in my workshop.

If anybody else has these, post some pics!

photocards_zpszu18x9fr.jpg

• Like 2

I only have two - one that came with my TA02W Castrol Tom's Supra GT kit, and the other came with the Audi A4 STW body parts set. The other body set I biught during that same time in the 90s was a BMW 318i STW and it did not come with a photo card

One was included in my TL01 Lancer Evolution IV back in '99 but my LHS removed it from the kit and pinned it on their wall.

Not photo cards but A4 advertising posters that I recently picked up off a buddy :)

tampp.jpg

tampp1.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, that is a great collection! I love the Monster Beetle poster.

Thanks, Yes they are very cool :) I'm planning on laminating so I can hang them behind my display shelves :D

Not photo cards but A4 advertising posters that I recently picked up off a buddy :)

Want.

I think I just wee'd a little...

• Like 1

Want.

I think I just wee'd a little...

He has kept some real beauties for himself, some of the elite first 100 :D

I got a photocard with my FF01 Calsonic Primera. I went and bought a photo frame to put it in but the photocard is slightly thicker than a regular photo and it got stuck most of the way in. I'm pretty sure if I try to take it out I'll ruin it.

:(

I got a photocard with my FF01 Calsonic Primera. I went and bought a photo frame to put it in but the photocard is slightly thicker than a regular photo and it got stuck most of the way in. I'm pretty sure if I try to take it out I'll ruin it.

:(

:( can you cut the top corners of the frame so you can separate and safely remove?

:( can you cut the top corners of the frame so you can separate and safely remove?

Maybe, but I'm worried that after so long in the frame the card itself will be marked on the edge that isn't fully inserted. Maybe one day I'll finish all my other projects and try to cut it apart :)