Sign in to follow this  
Green Meanie

Sudden Servo Stoppage

Had my CR-01 out the other day, I have added a second servo to make it 4 Wheel steer, connecter via a Y lead to the 1 channel.

Was driving fine then got into a bit of crawling on some rocks and the car just stayed locked in a turning circle.

The wheels would not come back to neutral position.

Even turning the wheel on my controller would not bring them back, there was no response.

Turned the car off and then back on they reset themselves and it was driving again fine after that.

Any Ideas as to what may have caused the problem??

Could it be that the BEC in your ESC has not got a high enough output current to run 2 servos and is shutting down?

Perhaps an external BEC could be the answer..

Im not that Techy man so I dunno what that means sorry eh

Its a Tamiya Teu-105BK ESC if that helps anyone to help me

Thanks for that Dorvak. I will look into a dedicated Crawler ESC like a Rooster?

I should add that it has done it again but only under "harsh" conditions where the wheels are twisting this way and that looking for a line.

And especially if I pause in that position for too long while I take a photo.

This is one such picture where my servo froze again and I had to reset them.

151.jpg

Green Machine,

I have fitted these BEC to some of my 1/14 trucks that use a TEU-101BK ESC, but they are only 5 Volt output, so you wont get the maximum torque or speed with them..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__43423__5V_5A_UBEC_2_5S_Lipoly_7_2_21v_AUS_Warehouse_.html

I have fitted one of these to my Axial SCX10 Honcho, and it seems to work OK.. I like that you can adjust the output voltage by just moving a jumper..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__54853__Hobbyking_YEP_20A_HV_2_12S_SBEC_w_Selectable_Voltage_Output_AU_Warehouse_.html

• Like 1

Just a little addendum. I took the car out today and did about 3 hours of driving just on basic flat dirt with nothing too strenuous and didn't have a single servo problem.......

The one in the Rear is a Futaba, but not too sure about the one up front, car was sold to me as a package and the guy threw in the extras like Servo and ESC etc