I've just got hold of a very clean BF chassis and wheels from eBay and whilst I wait for it to arrive I'm beginning to wonder how I want to finish it off.

I need tires but fancy something different to stock and welcome any suggestions. I also need a body and again welcome any ideas. I'd like to have the Ford F150 body on it but I want it as a runner and as the body kit is quite expensive I'm looking for Lexan options.

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers

Mark

Monster Beetle tyres fit.

I used a set of HPI monster truck tyres on this size wheel before - seem better than the Tamiya tyres.

• Like 1

I'm currently working on a plan for a "should have waited for the rerelease Monster Beetle" project from a Brat and a Sand Scorcher body.

I've got RC4WD Mud Slingers in 2.2, with regulars for the front, and XL for the rear (to make sure it looks like a 2wd). Still trying to figure out what to do for the rims.

• Like 1

Depending on the look your going for, I picked up some HPI roadies that fit nice on to the original BF rim's with foam inserts for shape and there is a lexan F150 shell available or maybe a more recent F150 :)

frpww1800x600.jpg

Fordbodya_zps5215523e.jpg

Ford_F150_5.JPG

• Like 2

The Parma Blackfoot body is hard to find in the UK, I imported one a couple of years back but is is good quality and you can get it looking like a vintage Blackfoot bu using decals on the front grill. Horizon Hobbies have it for sale in the US here and below is one painted up in vintage colours (you'd still need the roll bar & lights):

aXnWZ.jpg

• Like 1

The Parma Blackfoot body is hard to find in the UK, I imported one a couple of years back but is is good quality and you can get it looking like a vintage Blackfoot bu using decals on the front grill. Horizon Hobbies have it for sale in the US here and below is one painted up in vintage colours (you'd still need the roll bar & lights):

aXnWZ.jpg

Quite a cheap import, might get a couple of their other shells

That isn't mine unfortunately, but the grill & light decals come with the body. Have a look on tower hobbies, the shell/decal is around $25 but postage to the UK is another $35!

I purchased the Parma beetle and Blackfoot shells together and the postage doesn't look so bad then😀

£13 on the site listed about but postage just about doubles it :-( still tempted though