Misses is out, so Tooltime. Always dissatisfied how wobbly the servo is mounted in the WT01/WR01/WR02 chassis.

The new DT03 and MF01x chassis however have these nice sturdy mounts.

So down to the basement and hack away at the chassis some platicard and a bit of POM.

To get this to fit

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252004.jp

You have to cut away one bit and for more stability add a spacer

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252012.jp

Which would come out a bit like this

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252011.jp

This is the first prototype, should be possible to have it printed at shapeway or maybe milled from alloy.

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252008.jp

Screws for the servo

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252010.jp

With some spacers makes the height variable

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252006.jp

Fitted into the chassis

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252004.jp

Leftside

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252003.jp

Rightside

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%25252002.jp

If I get to it I will make a sketch with some measurements.

• Like 2

had a go on my unimat sl and milled another proto.

upload_-1.jpg

Spend some time with librecad too

WR01%252520servo%252520mount%252520%2525

forgot that librcad cant do 3D :wacko:

Good work! I tried out LibreCAD once, but since I'm used to AutoCAD at work, I had a hard time getting into it. Maybe I need to read some tutorials if I want to use LibreCAD at home.

Had these printed a couple of weeks ago at Shapeways (thanks very much to Pintopower), went into my nephews and nieces WR01 Daggers

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Will be visiting this weekend, so have a chance to checkup how these are holding up.

• Like 3

Look good, might solve a problem I have made in my head :-)

Good day sir.

Really liked what you have done. I'm also having a problem on the servo mount of my tamiya wild dagger. was thinking of doing this also. how is it so far? Thanks in advance. :)

So the mounts are still holding up in all three cars I had them fitted in, have been doing some hard testing on mixed surface with rocks and all.

I had two beta buyers on shapeways so far, hope it works for them aswell.

IMG_20160624_124313189.jpgIMG_20160630_132826434.jpg

• Like 4

So I have received one of waterbok's servo mounts! Fantastic, really solid holding up 100% in my dual hunter

servo%20holder_zpsuoc01njf.jpg

servo%20holder%20mounted_zpsfsphpnsv.jpg

mount%20support_zpsrbfohnry.jpg

You can see on the last pic i have installed the original servo mounts with double-sided tape as supports (as recommended by waterbok)

on the right of the supports is the 'notch' which you have to remove to install the mount (dremel and file handy here)

The servo was attached with 10mm screws, the actual mount I have used 8mm screws all around

To get the mount in position around the servo I had to remove the rubber bung around the servo wire where it exits the case

The single screw hole mount on the other side required me to slide in a 3mm washer between the chassis and the mount to 'close' the gap before attaching the screw from the outside

just found this by doing a search.......... I think Im going to have to pull the trigger on one of these as well just wish shipping wasn't so much :(

Did you select extended delivery? saves approx 2$.

I had a look what it cost if I order a batch of 5 or more but with shipment I can't make it any cheaper than Shapeways offer. (I sell at cost haven't put a margin on my models yet)

have a look at other tamiya oriented design there is loads of nice stuff on shapeways maybe you can combine ordering. I very much like the 1:100 Willy M38 and 2.4 remote.

Or I could double the price then shipment will feel cheaper ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, waterbok said:

Or I could double the price then shipment will feel cheaper ;)

That's probably a part of it the part is so reasonably priced.... then the shipping is like 1 dollar cheaper than the product itself....

Well.............. couldn't pass it up any longer :) I went ahead and ordered me one. Along with the CW01 front suspension conversion from mr pinto.......... they have a 20% off deal and I got a free shipping code for my 1st order so GO ME!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildwillhappy said:

hi waterbok

Do you have to cut into the frame to use your servo mount? just a bit unsure.

wild

There is a "nub" you have to grind or cut off. 

Yes you have to remove the bit thats circled red in the second picture, its on the opposite side of the original servo mount points and shouldnt influence structural strenght.

hi waterbok

just about to get one of your servo mounts for ww2 off shapeways and then thought how much would postage be to the uk from the usa, for just this part?

wild

5 hours ago, wildwillhappy said:

hi waterbok

just about to get one of your servo mounts for ww2 off shapeways and then thought how much would postage be to the uk from the usa, for just this part?

wild

Shapeways to the UK will come from their Euro site - Netherlands if I remember correctly. 

You might need to sign up with Shapeways and go through the purchase process for an accurate costing.

On 2.8.2017 at 2:13 PM, wildwillhappy said:

hi waterbok

wild

WW2 do you mean the wild willy 2, its not designed for that chassis.

I could check if it would work.

Doesnt work for the WW2 chassis, checked, has different layout and not enough space.

@waterbok do you happen to have a STL file file for this servo mount that you might be willing to share? I've just acquired a 3d printer and would like to give it a go. Not sure I'm ready to use CAD yet :lol: