marhun

Vintage Acoms Radio Gear (wheel and stick)

Hi all

You have all been great over the last few weeks with help and advice as I try to get my son hooked on RC and also try to rein myself in as the bug bites again after 20+ years.

My new question is are these controllers worth anything? I particularly like the wheel one and haven't seen one like it elsewhere. They are Acoms Techniplus AP 27 and AW 27 controllers, both are **** near Immaculate and I have the servos and receivers also (oh they also work).

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Mark

1254395fcd8a1089c158c68e4495885a.jpgdc7b88d80819dd59a63d20c2a08e6ce5.jpgb1143c5dd898d5143645d4719685ccd8.jpg979c1cb198108e307147eeb4d61e2a04.jpg

I can't mention a price for these but they sure look nice.

I've never seen the Technisport pistol transmitter, but it seems to be a copy of the -now legendary- Python model by JR. I don't know why but somehow most people turned on to the pistol type of radios sometime around the second half of 80's.

JRPpython.jpg

I think Acoms was more popular in the UK, while in the States RC people was more into Futabas.

• Like 1

Techniplus isn't worth a lot , but it is my favourite old school TX . I don't know how much the pistol TX is worth , I guess it's how much someone is willing to pay for it ?

I like them both. I recently bought a Carson stick for my son to use and in comparison it seems so flimsy, in fact the first time I opened it to put batteries in the nut at the back of the screw fell out so now the battery cover is held on by scotch tape till I am brave enough to open it up and see if I can secure it back on. I might just stick with them for nostalgia.