whahooo

My stock "Clodject"

Today i got 2 Sets of Pro Line Planetary Casecovers for my Clod.

DSC00323.thumb.JPG.d81e9d1892f3dd05d22f741c3aba45b0.JPG

I thought they are Scalesccessouirs that fit on any wheel. I thought they had a Locknut in it because a while ago i saw some Covers with a Locknut in it, but they where 3D printed, expensive and ugly (because of the 3D Finish....)

Now how do i get use out of that Covers that i`ve ordered? There is no Way to mount theese.....

Should i glue some Nuts in tit via Epoxy?

Schould i rdill a Hole in my Clod Rim?

Should i put some adheisive Putty in it and press it onto the screwd on Nut?

On 11/9/2020 at 5:20 PM, BigJag said:

@kasparov got any before and after pics of the G made shock install?

I have pics of it installed......send me a personal message and I can email you pics, they are too big to upload here.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 2:55 AM, whahooo said:

Today i got 2 Sets of Pro Line Planetary Casecovers for my Clod.

DSC00323.thumb.JPG.d81e9d1892f3dd05d22f741c3aba45b0.JPG

I thought they are Scalesccessouirs that fit on any wheel. I thought they had a Locknut in it because a while ago i saw some Covers with a Locknut in it, but they where 3D printed, expensive and ugly (because of the 3D Finish....)

Now how do i get use out of that Covers that i`ve ordered? There is no Way to mount theese.....

Should i glue some Nuts in tit via Epoxy?

Schould i rdill a Hole in my Clod Rim?

Should i put some adheisive Putty in it and press it onto the screwd on Nut?

I use these on Clod wheels from time to time, shame they discontinued them...

I just drill 2 holes in the stock Clod wheel & adapter that an M2x12 screw will thread in and hold the cover to the wheel.  Works great and I like the lool.  Here are a few examples.

IMG_6743.JPG

IMG_6764.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_5104.JPG

• Like 1

Wow! Really nice looking examples of what can be achieved with RC Monstertrucks. Is the Bigfoot an Axial truck?

7 hours ago, BigJag said:

Wow! Really nice looking examples of what can be achieved with RC Monstertrucks. Is the Bigfoot an Axial truck?

Thank you!  The Bigfoot is actually a TXT-2 Agrios.  

• Like 1

Ok, then i will drill 2 holes in, I was afraid that that could weaken the Wheel. (i never drill holes in things that scould be sturdy)

4 hours ago, whahooo said:

Ok, then i will drill 2 holes in, I was afraid that that could weaken the Wheel. (i never drill holes in things that scould be sturdy)

The wheel will be fine.  Just make sure you drill with the adapter on and make sure you miss the mounting pins.  You want the screw to grab both the wheel and the adapter.  

With Adapter you mean the Wheeladapter from the Clod?

So i have to drill Holes into the Rim AND the Wheeladapter.....

Yes, the stock black adapter.  You can drill just the wheel, but you'd only be able to catch a few threads and would bottom out on the adapter.  I drill both to catch more thread.  

Has anyone purchased the Crawfords suspension rod setup? I purchased it, but then noticed that the size limit of shocks is 100mm, mine are 113mm, so I didn't even bother to try put it on the Clod, is it an easy install? Not sure what to do with the rods now, bought a few other things off him too.

On 9/6/2020 at 3:57 AM, whahooo said:

Today i realised that my 8,4 volt NiMh Packs are getting very hot.

The Motors and the ESC are cold/warm.

Do i Have to get better Batterypacks? Maybe the Traxxas ones?

I just use a 2s 6000mah lipo.

4 hours ago, kasparov said:

Has anyone purchased the Crawfords suspension rod setup? I purchased it, but then noticed that the size limit of shocks is 100mm, mine are 113mm, so I didn't even bother to try put it on the Clod, is it an easy install? Not sure what to do with the rods now, bought a few other things off him too.

Ive use the CPE links on a few trucks,  they work well and are good quality.  You can use 113mm shocks if you want, but it will throw the geometry off a bit.  You can always put spacers on the links to get it back to where you want it.  Honestly, I think 113mm shocks are too long for a Clod, 100-102mm is the way to go.  Not sure what you're planning on doing with it, but the stock E/TMaxx shocks are the perfect length for a Clod and you can get them cheap (~$30 for a set of 8).  

Update:

I've puuted some Tiredecals and that Weelvover un my clod. Sadly i didn't get the Civer centered....

20201226_121925.thumb.jpg.615502cd500edb87231a7c1709bad3a6.jpg

• Like 1

So now RC enthusiasm got me again (for a few Weeks).

I just ordered a J Concepts F250 Body to safe my Chrome Hardbody while driving.

spacer.png

spacer.png

So now i do not know how i should paint it.

My obvous choise would be like that:

spacer.png

But i do not know anything about Monstertrucks....

What other real Tucks would fit that F250 Body?

I like them oldschool Paintshemes with that 3 colored Stripes and it would be awesome to have another Monstertruck that is not "a Bigfoot", Bigfoot is so Mainstream that i have a little abversion against it (not the first ones). So i Like the Builds here in Tamiyaclub like the "awsome Kong" or "Thunderchicken".

On the other Hand i have a "Bigfoot #1 or #2" as an wild Dagger build:

bf.thumb.jpg.a03e6f20c34099017e7801349ba4fb70.jpg

spacer.png

Maybe it would be cool to have 2 Bigfoots from different eras beside.....

I don`t know really.....

Also i want to preserve my Clodbuster Chrome Body, what is the Best way for that, the Sand scratches the Body more and more...
Maybe some kind of wax? some Polish? I`m afraid that polish could scratch it even more....

So my Questions in short:

What Original Monstertrucks would fit that Jconcepts F250 Body? (i prefer simple striped Pints)

How do i preserve an plastic chromebody?? Is tit possible to use !:1 Car Wax? What Wax should i buy (liquid, or Hard)?

My Tiredecals get loose, is there a way to soften them with some kind of "Decalsoftener"?

• Like 1

Go for the Bigfoot Racer, fits that body perfectly.  JBScaleGraphis makes the decals - https://jbscalegraphics.com/products/legendary-racer-stripe-bigfoot-decal-package

You can put whatever decals you want on there, doesn't really matter if it was a real truck or not.  I did a version of the PA Mountain Monster on that body, see below.  The original PAMM was a 79 Ford but looks good on the 93 as well.  Basically a version of a second gen truck had they made one.

Showroom pics - https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=136570&id=49562

3.JPG

22 minutes ago, whahooo said:

Thanks a lot for that Link, your Trucks look awesome btw.

No problem, glad it was helpful.  

Is there a good source of a list of old school Monstertrucks with pictures?

I mean, that F-250 Body is not to "old School" but i think it would be nice to see what real references would fit.
I just saw a Picture of a "modern"  Awesome Kong and that would be a very nice fit for my F250 Shell.

spacer.png

Beeing born in the late 80s i grew up with cheezy Popculture an saturday Morning Cartoons.
I think a custom made Design would be very nice. For instance: I love the Turtles, that is such a cheezy "Brainstorm" product of that time, the Makers threw everything in a pot what Kids thought was cool and stir it up. (Pizza, Mutants, Ninjaweapons, A red Haired Girl in a yellow Jumpsuit with 2 good arguments, skateboarding, gadgets, surfing, hockeymasks, undergroundhideouts, etc.)

So it would be awesome to design a Truck in a green, yellow and beige colorsheme with a Turtleslogo on its Side and maybe the hood and some "shell aplications".
But i`m not really able to design something like that. But maybe i will try, because it doesn`t rush.

Ideas for a custom Design:

Harry and the Hendersons, Jurassic Park, Batman (Black, Grey, Yellow, Blue), Blues Brothers, Mystery Machine (but as a Pickup), Ghost Busters, Fresh Prince,  a "Canada eh!" Truck with a Moose on it, a Austrailian styled Truck (yes i love me some sterotypes and i love dialalects...), or even a yellow Submarine Truck would be awesome.

So, i think my Clod is finished and i think i`m happy with it.

All the the Things i maybe will do with it are:

Change the 120mm to 110mm shocks

Change the GT Tuned to Super Stock BZ Motors

And make the Car overall more robust...

To the Robustnes i have some Questions:

There are Axle Tube Braces, what are the better ones?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UKMonsters-Clodbuster-Clod-Carbon-axle-tube-braces-stiffener-plates/193941318211?hash=item2d27cdaa43:g:cA8AAOSwzcdfmv9t

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-pcs-Aluminum-Outer-Axle-Stiffener-Plate-Mount-Tamiya-1-10-ClodBuster-Bullhead/133503143050?hash=item1f15684c8a:g:p4IAAOSwpAZfPdi3

The 2nd ones are going around the C hub, so they seem a lot more usefull in terms of stability (to me).

Also i wand to install some Standoffs between the upper shock mountings in the chassis, but i never see that done by anyone ele. Why? Is is it a bad idea of some kind?? Any reason do NOT do it? Maybe that will crack the Chassis ore something like that?

chassis.jpg.be77ffe681576394b587b6cb7bd10808.jpg

Today i installed the Planetary Hubs and made Pictures of the Anti Sway Bar.

1617550207685-1976333931.thumb.jpg.9fd00805f0e1192212c81cd3e54d6243.jpg1617550347465-135247042.thumb.jpg.894b1871ac2e5e6bc6a74c4a46da0cde.jpg1617550389491-1299425461.thumb.jpg.11bbfef6c274bc7b95e9534e48602779.jpg

Sadly they do not ship the Decals to austria @87lc2

Are there other companys who offer Bigfoot #9 Decals?

How did you mount the Sunshade to the roof??