I had been accumulating this King Cab project for ages, and it's ... SOOOO CLOSE... but it's time to let go and see that it goes to a good home.

The full details of what's included are detailed in the eBay description. Definitely have a look. No reserve auction, LOADS of NIP RARE parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331676993635

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Great package for someone (I already have three). Sorry to be that guy, but I should point out that body is not an original :( It's a replica - you can tell by how the front bumper doesn't have an underside like the original:

us-king-cab-painted-front.jpg

Might be a good idea to edit the listing so you don't run into trouble with eBay?

• Like 1

Great package for someone (I already have three). Sorry to be that guy, but I should point out that body is not an original :( It's a replica - you can tell by how the front bumper doesn't have an underside like the original:

Might be a good idea to edit the listing so you don't run into trouble with eBay?

Wow, thanks for catching that! I didn't know - this was my first King Cab - but I definitely believe you. I'm familiar with a number of similar deviations with repro bodies. I've gone ahead and edited the listing to avoid claiming that the body is genuine, although I am confident the decals are original. In this case, being a nice runner body but definitely not flawless - ie, meant to be run - I think the body is close enough. In general I avoid running mint-condition vintage bodies, reserving those for the shelf. I'll always try to use a re-re or repro body for a runner, or if I have a vintage broken-in body I'm fine with running those. But the vintage bodies are so delicate the idea of watching them get shredded is too painful!

Thanks for letting me know and teaching me something new at the same time!

Ben

No problem :) I've got three originals and a repro body and there's no way I'd run an original in decent condition, as you say they are just too fragile. I managed to slightly crack one just from handling it when painting.

I've got a few sets of repro decals too so I know how to spot those - the ones on your truck look to be original though, the difference with the copies is the fonts often look too thin.

Good luck with the sale :)

• Like 1

Fantastic beefmuffin. When I was a kid I had one of these on order for christmas from the local model shop. I changed my mind at the last minute and asked for a bullhead. Still kinda regret it to this day.

In a way it's a good thing if it's a repro body. It means guilt free running :) .

Good look with the auction. I'll keep an eye on it but being in th UK it might be the shipping costs which catch me out over a US buyer.

• Like 1

** UPDATE: In case anyone here is bidding or planning to bid on this auction (ends in 3 days 21 hours) I'm also throwing in NIP vintage (obviously) C and E parts trees. Not going to edit the listing since Ebay has a fit when you do that mid-auction, but just an FYI. **

It's very bad to be poor.

I would like to buy this King Cab...

Max

• Like 1

this hobby makes us poor! we are addicts. it reminds me of the anti-drug add from the 80's where all the stuff gets sniffed into this big nose... except i guess r/c gear gets sneezed out too.

Ahahahah, I sniff Tamiya ceramic grease!

I'm poor because I'm poor, because there's no job here due the crisis...

The hobby makes the situation harder and when I see these models on sale I get great frustration and cry.

;)

Max