super gripper

Tamiya DT03T Aqroshot racing truck ...

This started life as a DT03 Neo Fighter, built for racing and most of you will have seen my review of the car on the RC Racer web site.

When the DT03T Aqroshot came out I had to have one as like many others have been waiting for a proper Tamiya racing truck.

It got tested at the years DT02 challenge .............. it has all the hop ups available and runs a 10.5 brushless with a Hobbyking 120amp X-car esc

P1010007%201_zpslrqk1mkb.jpg

P1010004%204_zps0wo0abxe.jpg

P1010008%201_zpspqir5iad.jpg

P1010009%201_zpsud50jgqw.jpg

Is the rear track narrower than the front, or is that just the camera angle?

just the camera angle, but I will double check now you have pointed it out.

I will be racing this at the Tamiya truck meeting at Kidderminster next year.

Nice car, makes the DT-03T look like a Traxxas Rustler.

Please let us know how the motor handles the big wheels. Any cogging or temperature issues on both on as well off road surfaces (including lawn)?

• Like 1

What tyres are fitted to it? They look much better than the standard on road ones.

Rob

I didn't get any over temp issues on the astro track at shrccc during the DT02 challenge, some testing was done on very short grass with no issues either.

No cogging issues as my brushless is sensored.

It will get another good racing season as soon as possible as I need to make sure it is ready for next years Tamiya truck event at Kidderminster.

Front tyres are Schumacher yellow cut staggards and the rear I have Schumacher blue VEE 2's with Schumacher truck foam inserts.

Looks like your sensored brushless setup is very efficient then - good to know!

But I also see that you modified the gearbox to let more airflow pass the motor. I guess a non-modified gearbox will give it a much harder time. My DT-02 powered by 12.5 turns unsensored brushless had some issues (light cogging and temps) with large Stadium Blitzer tires even when being equipped with a 15 T pinion.

Running a 17 tooth pinion the Losi 10.5 has no issues what so ever and not had any over temp shut downs. Sensored systems are a million times better then non sensored.

The DT03T is running with a Tamiya limited slip diff which helps, all my DT02's and 3's run a either cut away of seriously drilled gearbox for cooling.