Paulwolf350

Penultimate Blackfoot

When I bought my super Blackfoot, it came with another chassis as parts. It was pushed aside as it was damaged with a soldering iron (or something equally as hot). Wanting to do something constructive with it, I figured I would build a basher with all of the fruit, an 'ultimate' red chassis vehicle. The Ultimate Blackfoot. A bit of discussion ensued and a comment mentioned that the ultimate blackfoot would have a sassy chassis, from then on my project became known as the penultimate blackfoot.

This jigger will have super blackfoot front suspension, crp chassis brace, crp rear suspension mounts, crp under body brace, crp battery door pin, Thorpe ball diff, dog bone axles and drive shafts.

3634afdd089bdf1122e6f934b0a0d2c1.jpg

The above parts are already bought, with wheels, ESC, and suspension to be procured shortly.

This will be my version of a boy racer Blackfoot, that can be run without fear of hurting good parts

c085d20f2dc2a832f06605638126b1b4.jpg

Broken Blackfoot body

Cheers

Paul

• Like 2

Haha no, my own doing. I need to chase up a few more bits yet and start on the Beetle resto. Still tossing around ideas at the moment.

I have been really slack with my RC cars lately. But I have finished the beetle resto, and am nearly finished the kids buggies, so not far away from getting this project off the ground. I have been lovingly poring through the parts tonight taking stock of where I am at with this and where it is going

Pics soon

Cheers

Paul

So I have a confession to make, this little build never got any further than the initial post on the forum. Not long after posting this I had to move from my RC car workshop, the parts and pieces go packaged up and transported to a new location where they sat, got packaged up when I moved house and sat, got put into storage, got transported to Brisbane where I am currently living, unpacked and put in a cupboard and life went on.

Until last week..... I unpacked some stuff and found the beaters I was building for the kids, and figured I should finally give them to them (2 years late) I unpacked some more RC car boxes to find the parts for the beaters and cam across the parts for this one also... so here I am. Back to find out where I was at with the builds and the forum. I'm pretty keen to breathe some life into this project and bring it to life

Paul    

That was my second kit I had brand new when I was a kid,

i proper beat it up and wish I hadn’t knowing what I know now,

crushed the box, painted it loads of times killed loads of driveshafts,

how the hobby of vintage Tamiyas change when you get older!!!!!!