Sign in to follow this  
Effigy3

DB-01 RRR body suggestions

Hey folks,

I'm trying to decide between a DB-01 RRR and the DB-02 as my next build. It'll mostly see time at the track for club races with the occasional dirt surface car park bashing. The RRR comes chassis only so I was wondering what bodies fit. Obviously the Durga and Bladre bodies would fit but is there anything else? Would a Leonis body fit? Is there anything non-Tamiya brand available? Honestly, I kinda would prefer a cab-forward style body for this buggy.

All suggestions and links would be kindly appreciated. Thanks.

Depends what you are going to do with it really, for over all value for money the DB01RRR wins hands down with all the top spec stuff that comes with it.

Plus you get a choice of body shell, the Baldre is the best for keeping the muck out as it hugs the chassis shape and keeps the motor cooler as the is more room inside.

No after market body shells fits, the Baldre is sort of cab forward.

As you can all see from my DB02 racer build you have to spend a lot of money on it in some cases just to make it reliable let alone a full blown racer like mine will be very soon.

X2 for getting something from Team Associated or Losi if you are in the US. Being able to get parts somewhat locally makes life so much easier.. And you save a ton of money for not having to basically have an entire car of spare parts. If parts were more available, I would probably get a HB D413, but even in the US, parts are about as rare as Tamiya. You are best sticking with AE or TLR/Losi. I really wish Team Associated would finally just release their next in-line to the B44.3... I want one, but I want one with metric hardware!