Maverick1977

Suzuki Summerwind: Ever seen one?

Hi!

I am looking for a Nikko Suzuki Summerwind for many years now. I have never seen one on ebay. Is anybody out there who owns one?

Do you know any possibilities where I can get one?

Kind regards

Chris

Yes, I own a new in box one (I've been collecting vintage Nikko models for a long time)

I also sold one a few months ago.

The original model is called the Nikko Suzuki Jimny 4WD, after the real life Suzuki Jimny - a very popular little off roader.

In some countries, Nikko's model was repackaged with names like "Nikko Summer Wind", and also came in two or three different colour/decal types.

There's a chance I might be able to find another original one in future, so feel free to stop by my website sometime ^_^

I have just found your website too via searching a long lost memory of the mountain man r/c that I thought was made by nikko but found out it was by shensei. Thanks for putting all this up on the net. I have been searching for years on seeing a pic of that mountain man and there just wasnt any info on it in the early 00's. I have seen more and more ppl looking for pics of that truck the last decade & now see more and more pics and info coming out. Just awesome.

I just found your sale site as well which brought me to search this little guy the Nikko suzuki jimny. Can you tell me some measurements on this? Interesting for sure.

Cheers barroombrawler. Yeah, the Shinsei Mountain Man is a really excellent vehicle that deserved some credit, and it seems quite a few people had them.

I've responded to your question via eBay as well, but basically - the Nikko Suzuki Jimny is quite small, perhaps less than 20cm in length, as it is 1/20 scale. But when you see them in person, they look great - because the proportions are very good relative to a real Suzuki Jimny/Sierra. Much like all of Nikko's early 80s R/C models which tended to be very well proportioned and realistic looking toys.

I'd have to measure mine for exact figures though.

When you get some time can you please post the measurements? Still interested to see what this all measures out to. I have a custom build that is 9" wb I believe and was wondering if this would be a good alternate body for the project or another project in the future. lol! :)

Thanks for the fast response on ebay as well.