bad andy

controller for small (tiny) hands

Any thoughts on a 2-ch controller for my little guy? He'll be just over 3 yrs. old and want to get him something he'll actually be able to hold in order to drive a car I'll buy/build for him. Not looking for super high-tech, AM would do even - it's more about the size.

Thanks!

Is the new Tamiya Lightning Force going to have a controller for small hands? It'd make sense to.

As soon as my little girl shows even the slightest interest then I'm getting one!

• Like 1

Is the new Tamiya Lightning Force going to have a controller for small hands? It'd make sense to.

Tamiyablog had a promo image with a controller

Tamiya-57401-3.jpg

The new Tamiya 2.4 Finespec is smaller than the usual remotes and even has an 2 speed funktion. (didnt notice much difference with a quicrun 1060 and 35T) But the best small remote imo still are the QDs.

The finespec works for my nephew (5) but could be smaller, his QD wrangler remotes fits better.

Pity no one produces decent 2.4 mini remotes, would also be very handy for travelling.

btw. you can get decals for the finespecs to make them look better.

IMG_20150926_181202.jpg

Any thoughts on a 2-ch controller for my little guy? He'll be just over 3 yrs. old and want to get him something he'll actually be able to hold in order to drive a car I'll buy/build for him. Not looking for super high-tech, AM would do even - it's more about the size.

Thanks!

Have you considered a Tamiya QD? They come with smaller transmitters than usual. You could also find a QD transmitter and use it with a standard receiver. Only issue is I think channel 1 and channel 2 are reversed compared to normal, but that's an easy fix by switching the ESC + servo wires connected into the receiver.

Here's one for sale currently (not a bad deal actually!) to show the size. Those tires are about the same size (if not exactly the same size) as Lunchbox / Midnight Pumpkin ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-CLODBUSTER-Quick-Drive-80s-with-Box-RARE-/151824457822

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like the QD controller is a contender, hopefully I could maybe find just a controller somewhere. (I've already got the vehicle for him, on order at least so don't need the QD vehicle.)

• Like 1

Think there is another issue with the QD remotes, they don't have channel reverse switches. You will need added electronics for that. Think hobbyking has some.

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like the QD controller is a contender, hopefully I could maybe find just a controller somewhere. (I've already got the vehicle for him, on order at least so don't need the QD vehicle.)

Let us know what u do + how it goes!