jeekelemental

Tonkatsu 2.0 - Cleaning, Refurb & Some Mods

Very slow progresses this week: a second and deeper paint removing from chassis plates and a raw tray for electronics and battery made out from plexiglass.

IMG_20151029_225738_zpsccbadueo.jpg

File works to refine the two chassis plate and an aborted attempt to polish it. I will try to do it another time during next days and if it will go wrong I will repaint it in black.

IMG_20151029_225907_zpstmiznsr9.jpg

Also ordered some new parts to complete the build.

• Like 1

Some of the items needed to complete the build are arrived today, not much but is all I need to fix the rear shaft issue and to invent a way to screw the electronics/radio tray.

P_20151103_140007_zpsqtuxamcj.jpg

The way I've thought for building a solid fixing for the electronics/radio tray is shown below: a pair of the original brackets made to support the transmission have been screwed on its the top to give support to the tray.

IMG_20151103_221042_zpsggymypbs.jpg

This evening the chassis plates have been polished for last time with the help of my Dremel. The plastic tray has been definitively shaped, slotted and drilled to make room for ESC switch and prepared to be painted in black.

IMG_20151111_222544_zps8eduv6rz.jpg

Axles have been cleaned, switched to self-locking nuts where possible, back to original dampers but without springs and simplifyed the way to support them.

P_20151117_212616_1_zpszr4uvxn7.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! Looks great! Very clean with the electronics :). Did you do the radius edges on the tray with your Dremel as well?

Worked for the definitive set-up targeting good angle for the rear shaft and to reduce the torque twist. I've chosen a full droop for the front dampers and a relocation for the rear ones including inside springs.

P_20151119_211947_1_zpsgmgxp1lv.jpg