Tempting? Not with $50 shipping it isn't.

One just sold on Oct 19th for $165 + $7 shipping = $172 according to history. $28 cheaper.

• Like 1

Tempting? Not with $50 shipping it isn't.

One just sold on Oct 19th for $165 + $7 shipping = $172 according to history. $28 cheaper.

Lol - well, that's an even better deal. $150-200 for this kit sealed NIB is a bargain in my book (+/- $28)! It's like re-re Hornet territory.

Ok - I'm stopping now or I will just convince myself to go buy it/one. Was that your plan?? <_<

• Like 1

I've been going back and forth on getting one for about a year now.

I want one even though military vehicles are not my thing.

It just seems like an interesting model, plus the fact that it is model #4 (58004).

The unique drive train intrigues me. Yes, I know it is somewhat fragile overall.

The metal chassis is interesting... the whole thing is interesting.

But I can't click that "buy" button for some reason.

• Like 1

I'm the same about the military stuff - not my bag. But I find the price for one of these sealed kits to be ludicrously low. Even tamiyausa has them in stock for 2-3x current ebay prices. I have a feeling there is a temporary glut of them that will dry up and then you won't be able to get them for so cheap ever again.

One thing I noticed about this thing is the really weird suspension system! I may end up having to get one... but I'd balance it by giving up one of my other re-re kits. Hmm...

I just did a google translation on RC Champ's website (they don't have an English site) and their price is 13300 Yen, which is about $110 like Dorvack said above. (Thanks D!)

That price is amazing. The best I've seen anywhere else is $167 shipped from Banzai and Banzai's base price for the kit was $122. So it should be like $155 or so from RC Champ including shipping.

They only do email orders at RC Champ for international folks like us. Their address is champ_international@rc-champ.jp

Temping.. but I'm not in the mood at the moment plus it's weekend.

• Like 1

These prices are bananas. I mean, this is a nice kit and a re-re of one of the very first with a totally unique chassis, wheels, tires, etc. These are re-re Grasshopper prices, my god.

I have one It's a great little vehicle it you have to spend a considerable amount of time on the body.

I had a Cheetah runner at one point. It was a hand full to drive with no damping to the suspension. I've seen some people use the semi dampers for the suspension.

• Like 1

I bought one of these when they were first re issued - along with a Pumpkin heritage kit , and a Blitzer Beetle , I haven't built it yet but it looks great (in the box ) . I've got a Cheetah too (it has more parts to it than 4 Hornet kits put together !!) and they are a hoot

• Like 1