Sign in to follow this  
Vaurien83

Manta Ray alternative body shell?

Hello,

I have recently purchased a Manta Ray with the body in a quite bad condition. I am looking for a replacement bodyshell, but as the complete Manta Ray is difficult to find or very expensive I would consider any alternative from Tamiya. Has anybody any suggestion?

Thank you

Dirt Thrasher, Blazing Star, Top Force... any of the other variants on that same chassis should drop right on.

Dirt Thrasher, Blazing Star, Top Force... any of the other variants on that same chassis should drop right on.

Yep, and don't forget the Terra Conqueror!

IMG_20151027_233114_zpsltw5wlyp.jpg

My rough runner with fake resistor in place ;)

The Mad Cap and Saint Dragon bodies were intended as alternative bodies for the DF-01 Chassis (Manta Ray) and are practically direct fits. The chassis tub even provides mounting holes for fitting two rear body posts to mount the Mad Cap body.

I always wondered why my Mad Cap body seemed to fit my DF01 so well. I'm not sure how well a Top Force body fits a DF01 with a tub chassis. Btw, while you're shopping, remember the Terra Conqueror and Blazing Star are the same shells and the Dirt Thrasher body (but not wing) is the same as a Terra Scorcher.

So what about current (buggy) shells that might fit. All the above is only available from alternative providers. Do see the occasional nib blazing star but no original bodies

There's a nib Manta Ray body set with decals on ebay at the moment for £50!