gordini

tamiya hummer crawler mod

I have start converting my old hummer to crawler, nothing new i quess just locked diffs, trail doctors tires but i also want to change the gear and motor. Can you suggest me what gear should i use? I was thinking about 16T is it ok?. Also can you recomment a low torque motor suitable for fun crawling?

It for sure will increase the torque but the ground clearance and the differentials could be a problem.

Max

Well, it's a bit sad that someone will chop a classic Hummer model vehicle, but if you seriously want to make a good crawler out of it, then here's some images that might help you with some ideas:

MAS8qwH.jpg

88olxoY.jpg

BvLHOzv.jpg

lRKuMa9.jpg

7L5tCNe.jpg

jq2qtXY.jpg

See? You'll need some aluminum pieces, a drill, and a lil' elbow grease to go through with that Hummer. In the end I'm sure you'll come up with a pretty decent performer.

Keep us updated about the mods you choose to try ;)

Have a good Wednesday! :)

• Like 1

Yes for crawling I found the TA01/02 chassis to have way to little ground clearance. I've ended up using a WT01 chassis under my Hummer and fitted a 2nd gearbox to make it 4x4.

However you configure it I think a 55T motor or higher would be better suited for slow speed crawling torque.