Cesco

Franks WR02 Wild Willy and other builds

Time for paint.

Wraith121.jpg

Voltmeter and a 3D printed part added to the dashboard.

Wraith131.jpg

Wraith132.jpg

Wraith138.jpg

Wraith139.jpg

And a woman needs her bag with her offcourse. So a leftover from the Kelly Osbourne action figure came in handy. 

Wraith133.jpg

Wraith134.jpg

Wraith135.jpg

Some styrene, a spring from a pen, a small print and some painting and well, Wild Wanda can now tell Willy where to drive to.

Wraith140.jpg

Wraith142.jpg

Wraith145.jpg

• Like 2

Body time. Let's start with a fresh and new Axial Wraith Jeep Wrangler Poison body.

Wraith147.jpg

That's a nice looking body. That I painted black.....

Wraith150.jpg

Why paint a brand new body. Wel there is method in this madness. I had other plans for the looks of this body. And i needed a black undercoat for the FreqesKinz  Axial Wraith Jeep Body Painted True Fire wrap. 

Wraith151.jpg

Making of some custom tail lights.

Wraith153.jpg

Wraith154.jpg

Knight Customs goodies in the front, a grille and Halo lights. Lots of wiring to do.

Wraith155.jpg

Some decals on Willy's door.

Wraith160.jpg

And on the passenger site.

Wraith161.jpg

More decals are added.

Wraith157.jpg

Wraith156.jpg

And adding a Dinky RC roof and lightbar. 

Wraith164.jpg

• Like 1

Also made the hood functional, added a RC4WD winch and it was ready for it's first testrun. 

Wraith166.jpg

Wraith167.jpg

Wraith168.jpg

Wraith169.jpg

Wraith170.jpg

Wraith171.jpg

Wraith172.jpg

Wraith173.jpg

Wraith174.jpg

Wraith175.jpg

Wraith176.jpg

Wraith177.jpg

• Like 3

First testrun. It performed fantastic. Did break one of the shocks, so new ones are ordered.

Wraith178.jpg

Wraith179.jpg

Wraith180.jpg

Wraith181.jpg

With my TRX-4 Defender.

Wraith182.jpg

Wraith183.jpg

Wraith184.jpg

Wraith185.jpg

• Like 1

And latest addition are a set of  Boom Racing Boomerang Type I Aluminum Internal Shocks Set 110MM.

Wraith189.jpg

Wraith190.jpg

It was a fun build and nice to add some Wild Willy parts and drivers to it. Another build done. Hope you like it even if it is not a full Tamiya.  

• Like 2

I like the attention to detail, particularly where incorporating Wild Willy parts into the build was concerned. You have one fantastic-looking machine for your fantastic efforts :)

• Like 1

Just posted a video of my first build, the Tamiya Wild Willy Bikini Top Desert on my new youtube channel. Gonna do a drive video soon and loads more RC movies. 

Enjoy!

Added a build video of my Tamiya TA02SW Porsche 911 GT2 on the first page of this topic. 

:wub: Here is a video of my Tamiya Wild Willy 2 desert look with Bikini Top. 

So it has been quite a while since I posted any updates here. Last couple of years I have been more into the RC crawling scene. But recently started to repair and build Tamiyas again.  

As we get into the winter it is time to do some maintance, do some repairs, finish builds, add upgrades and hop-ups and start new builds. 

So currently going over all of my Tamiyas. First all the WR02s. And I started with my very first build. It is in need of some repairs, some parts are broken from the last drive. And I have some upgrades for it.

Remember this one from the first page of this topic?

Wild_Willy19.jpg

I took it apart. The gear box is getting a new spur gear. A Samix WR-3009 Pom spur gear with a 22T Team Corally pinion. This will make it a bit faster. The Tamiya ECU is replaced with a Hobbywing 1060 so I can use 2S LiPo batteries. Also switches from the Tamiya connector to XT60 connectors.

On close inspection a lot of the plastic parts are broken or cracked. Already replaced all of the front suspension parts. I replaced the standard friction shock dampers by a set of CVA mini shocks. This was my only WR02 that still had the fiction dampers. This will give it a smoother drive. When I was replacing the shocks I noticed all the shock mount holes were cracked. So just ordered all the parts at Tamico to replace these broken parts. With that fixes I can move on to the next one for maintance and upgrades. 

20221103_201835.thumb.jpg.2bf148b12289941a71ea1f0201533283.jpg

• Like 1