chickenman242tk

madcap universal alternatives

to me putting bl systems in an old car is like putting an efi engine in an old car , goes good and is reliable but kinda loses it charm doest mean I don't do it , I have a 8.5t system in my ta03f and a castle 4 pole system in my runner blitzer, still a lot of my runners have brushed motors but hardly any have silver cans infact only my clod does.

got the car finished off last night and took it out for a shakedown and its great ,just needed to adjust the steering and I think I need to play with the gearing as it has decent punch off the line but top end isn't as good as I had thought. glad I spent the time shimming the arms and knuckles to take the play out of them but there is a lot of play still in the upper arms and the lowers have bulk flex.

You can get a brushed esc from hobbyking for about $30 and the motor might cost 15-20. I'm not telling you to do anything but it seems a waste to have a nice car but not get to run it

You can get a brushed esc from hobbyking for about $30 and the motor might cost 15-20. I'm not telling you to do anything but it seems a waste to have a nice car but not get to run it

NO WAY i will use hobbykrap stuff ... I won't lower my self to buy that stuff .... I can't stand it , the cheap stuff that is killing the companys that started & put in the knowledge to get what we have . The these types reverse engineer them & make the cheap

knockoffs .

It's only my opinion of what i can see & had been inform of .

• Like 1

Good luck with the madcap chickenman. BTW which unis did you go with in the end, I might have missed it if you posted it

The madcap arms do have a serious amount of flex, the castor much change dramatically as different forces are applied. The super astute arms are significantly better. I ended up putting them on my astute in the end

Hi Sorry Chickenman, wil get pics up later, some old pics are in my showroom though :) better pics in the evening

get some pics of your up mate would like to see how its going :)

You have these guides and sorry for my bad English:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=116410&sid=24

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=116641&sid=24

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=123146&sid=24

Chapters 4th and 5th about the transmission finished but I had no time to make the images.

Max

We need an official Madcap/Astute/Super Astute thread to put all this info in :)

• Like 2

i haven't put any thing other than the stock gear in atm , im going to run it for a bit until I get the thundershot unis and then swap out everything.

totally agree on some kind of super thread, I may have another madcap coming....

• Like 2

heres my "hop up" Madcap.

iv ran it with the TTC maybe 4 times, as the TTC was new, i didnt want to go nuts with it, and although the decals are peeling, i do think it is a shelf peice (Hence the dust LOL) just for the adition of the TTC and highcaps and the idea of what the Madcap could be (as we have seen by the Awesome Madcap by Kontemax Awesome Carbon Chassis Madcap, i have another Madcap runner which gets much more use although i seem to be taking the Avante BS or the Egress out that bit more.

Also turns out I have a TTC on the Shelfer as well :/ forgot about that seems its also new :D I haven't even cut the cover yet. so I geus the spares madcap has the other metal plate.

anyway here she is...

mqIh5Y7.jpgC1HCyn2.jpg

NFEk1Ex.jpgqLMDFVB.jpg

06y7CY1.jpgIVZLfvp.jpg

• Like 5