Silver-Can

Madbull wheel alternatives

So, with winter well and truely on the way, I'm looking to do a wheel and tyre refurb on mine and my son's Madbulls for lots of mud-tastic bashing at the local park and beach; would really like to use the new Monster Beetle re re tyres rather than the standard Madbull/Wild Willy type but the MB wheels are not a direct fit to the Madbull, and all the Madbull/Wild Willy 2 type wheels seem to come with the tyres pre-mounted. The wheels on both of our Madbulls are split and disintegrating at a rate of knots...

Could someone point me in the direction of suitable alternative wheels for a Madbull please that will also be a fit for the re re Monster Beetle tyres; 12mm hex rears and 1150 bearing up front.

Cheers.

I think twin detonator wheels use the monster beetle tires, and have a 12mm hex drive which should bolt straight on (certainly be ok for the rears). Original monster beetle front wheels also use 1150 bearings, but I'm not sure if the front axles are the same length, or if the offsets are suitable.

• Like 1

Wheels are very cheap

Tyres the same as Mad Bull but with spikes (two sets needed)

Order from Banzai and they are dirt cheap

• Like 1

That's great, thanks chaps. Should have thought 'Banzai'. How long does it usually take for SAL, roughly?

3-6 weeks normally. Often I will order weeks apart and it all turns up on the same day.

• Like 1

Are you sure they will fit the Mad Bull wheels? Looking for something more grippy for my Bull now that it's gone brushless :)

Are you sure they will fit the Mad Bull wheels? Looking for something more grippy for my Bull now that it's gone brushless :)

Yes, they will fit. WR-02 wheels and Mad Bull wheels are the same.

• Like 2

Yes the WR02 soft spike tyres will fit, however if you've gone brushless you'll need to glue them, I'd also consider tyre foams. I have some tyre foams on order so can't comment on how effective they'll be with those tyres but I'm running the soft spikes on my brushless hornet and they are slipping and too soft in terms of sidewall strength which I'm hoping the foams will improve, if I go around a corner the tyre generates a lot of grip and will pull the tyre off the rim though they aren't glued yet waiting on the foams!

I'd be inclined to look at beadlock wheels too if that's an option. 2.2" beadlocks with WT01 spikes is a good option. I will be using these on my forthcoming build, just check the offsets suit if you go down that route and ideally find a wheel with a matching bearing front.

• Like 2

Find some Pro-line Gators like these. Just ran them for the first time with my now brushless DF-02 and the grip was insane. On grass this 4wd buggy was popping wheelies. They are 2.2 tires and a direct fit on Blackfoot Xtreme / BFIII / Amarok / etc wheels as stated above, which I believe are also a direct fit on the Mad Bull. The Mad Bull wheels are the same as Lunchbox and WR-02 wheels... which may be slightly deeper? If so you may need to shim or otherwise improvise for a good fit, if necessary at all.

23291201842_425a2ef19c_b.jpg

ps- I did glue them!

• Like 4

The Mad Bull wheels are the same as Lunchbox and WR-02 wheels... which may be slightly deeper? If so you may need to shim or otherwise improvise for a good fit, if necessary at all.

Not quite. Lunchbox/CW-01 wheels are for 5-star hubs and not 12mm hex hubs like the others, and the "cosmetic part of the" wheel design is slightly different too. Fit the same tires though!

• Like 1

Not quite. Lunchbox/CW-01 wheels are for 5-star hubs and not 12mm hex hubs like the others, and the "cosmetic part of the" wheel design is slightly different too. Fit the same tires though!

LOL - yeah I only meant size-wise! I guess I tend to over-simplify.

• Like 1

LOL - yeah I only meant size-wise! I guess I tend to over-simplify.

The fronts are different and hit the uprights one way round. I think you can use lunchbox on mad bull but not mad bull on lunchbox

Thanks for all the responses/advice guys, much appreciated. Going to put an order together for Banzai, although those Pro-line jobs do look awesome! Out of interest, I was just browsing Banzai for some hotshot parts to order at the same time - front and rear arms, the gold plated wheels and kit tyres and a few other bits and bobs but I kept drawing a blank. Do they only stock parts from current models?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the responses/advice guys, much appreciated. Going to put an order together for Banzai, although those Pro-line jobs do look awesome! Out of interest, I was just browsing Banzai for some hotshot parts to order at the same time - front and rear arms, the gold plated wheels and kit tyres and a few other bits and bobs but I kept drawing a blank. Do they only stock parts from current models?

They seem to stock a random list of things. Most need a 5 figure part code

• Like 2