beefmuffin

Toga Toga Toga ...Coyote?

Ever thought to yourself: "I wonder what a Hotshot would look like if it was wearing a toga? Hmm..."

Well, friend, wonder no more! BEHOLD...

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

I remember seeing these on an old Parma poster BITD and always wondered why someone would put one of these on a hotshot instead of the standard body

• Like 1

Well I don't think it would have been to improve the looks. Maybe to gain an aerodynamic advantage?

• Like 2

Doing a search for wells coyote brings up some awesome inspiration for custom builds.

• Like 1

Well I don't think it would have been to improve the looks. Maybe to gain an aerodynamic advantage?

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder, I suppose... I think that body looks pretty cool...

Terry

Aerodynamic advantage on a Hotshot? That's like painting a brick red and saying it's faster....

:D

Alex

• Like 1

Is it me or is the body actually sitting atop the rear suspension arms? That's gotta be good for handling, right?

• Like 1

I never liked the Hot Shot. And that's because it is not a model car -as far as I know there is no 1:1 Hot Shot anywhere.

Now, I happen to love the looks of the Parma body because the Wells Coyote is a real open-wheel race car, and very popular I might add in the 80's and 90's at the legendary Pikes Peak hillclimb race in the beautiful Colorado.

One example:

p228227709-3.jpg

And you can see TCer spac51's Hot Shot in here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=104356&id=34864

You all have a good weekend! :)

• Like 1

Reminds me of the 'Toad in a hole' meal where you cut a hole in your toast and put the egg in the middle.

• Like 1

Aerodynamic advantage on a Hotshot? That's like painting a brick red and saying it's faster....

:D

Alex

Nah, painting a brick red won't make it faster. Anodising it blue on the other hand... :)

• Like 3

Nah, painting a brick red won't make it faster. Anodising it blue on the other hand... :)

How about painting it red and adding go-fast / GT stripes?

• Like 3

How about painting it red and adding go-fast / GT stripes?

Hmm. Carbon wrapping it might work.

• Like 2

I never liked the Hot Shot. And that's because it is not a model car -as far as I know there is no 1:1 Hot Shot anywhere.

Now, I happen to love the looks of the Parma body because the Wells Coyote is a real open-wheel race car, and very popular I might add in the 80's and 90's at the legendary Pikes Peak hillclimb race in the beautiful Colorado.

One example:

p228227709-3.jpg

And you can see TCer spac51's Hot Shot in here: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=104356&id=34864

You all have a good weekend! :)

The downside of course being the fact that the Parma body looks nothing like any of the pictures that come up in an image search (or the one you've posted)

But I'm biased because I don't think there are 1:1 versions of the Javelin, Egress or Avante and they all make this body look like a smashed buttock.

• Like 2

Reminds me of the 'Toad in a hole' meal where you cut a hole in your toast and put the egg in the middle.

Naming a racing buggy "Toad in a Hole" is just pure intimidation. The driver's name would have to be "The Eggman", naturally.

Ahahaha this thread is ...ACCEPTABLE. :lol:

__6655842_orig.jpg

• Like 1

The downside of course being the fact that the Parma body looks nothing like any of the pictures that come up in an image search (or the one you've posted)

But I'm biased because I don't think there are 1:1 versions of the Javelin, Egress or Avante and they all make this body look like a smashed buttock.

Well, you'd probably say it is accurate if you would see the other lexan bodyshells that Parma was doing back then. Parma would make Subaru Brats and Ford Rangers that were so off. They're definitely not Tamiya. So it's funny in a way that you'd judge Parma the way you should be judging Tamiya, because there's little or no options at all to make a chassis like the Hot Shot's to look like anything real. Before the Hot Shot (and the Frog) Tamiya used to make Plastic models suitable for radiocontrol. As I see things after releasing these cars they gave their backs to both their core philosophy and also to what made Tamiya the sort of brand it is. Or used to be.

You all have a good Sunday! :)

I've liked the Wells Coyote body since I first saw it and found a new uncut and unpainted one a couple of years and will eventually put it on a Hotshot chassis.

As for Unlimited Class Pikes Peak Open Wheelers, I agree that the Parma Wells Coyote doesn't resemble one at all, but I think the Baja King does, so I started on a Baja King based model some years ago, with CC-01 Lowride wheels, TGX Rallyblock tires, TL01 suspension arms and "a lot of" wings. Still WIP though....

Well, you'd probably say it is accurate if you would see the other lexan bodyshells that Parma was doing back then. Parma would make Subaru Brats and Ford Rangers that were so off. They're definitely not Tamiya. So it's funny in a way that you'd judge Parma the way you should be judging Tamiya, because there's little or no options at all to make a chassis like the Hot Shot's to look like anything real. Before the Hot Shot (and the Frog) Tamiya used to make Plastic models suitable for radiocontrol. As I see things after releasing these cars they gave their backs to both their core philosophy and also to what made Tamiya the sort of brand it is. Or used to be.

You all have a good Sunday! :)

Gonna have to agree to disagree since if you're using "is there a real version?" as a metric, you pretty much can't like anything from Tamiya past the SRBs.

Gonna have to agree to disagree since if you're using "is there a real version?" as a metric, you pretty much can't like anything from Tamiya past the SRBs.

Like the FAV/Chenowth buggy?

• Like 1

Sayer, in my everyday life I deal with history, economics, and anthropology. You can't expect me to think that fantasy could be in any way more interesting than real life.

Other than that, if you have a look at my TC showroom you'll see what Tamiya cars I like. They're there. Of course, you won't find a Hot Shot among them.

Have a good Sunday. :)

Like the FAV/Chenowth buggy?

There's also the tanks and a bunch of the 1/12 scale trucks too, so I guess you've got me <_< . But I think you understand what I mean. Not too many buggies on that list.

Sayer, in my everyday life I deal with history, economics, and anthropology. You can't expect me to think that fantasy could be in any way more interesting than real life.

Other than that, if you have a look at my TC showroom you'll see what Tamiya cars I like. They're there. Of course, you won't find a Hot Shot among them.

Have a good Sunday. :)

See there's a pretty obvious bias towards realistic models in your showroom, but you also have a Madcap, Avante and Monster Beetle in there, so you know fantasy.