Sign in to follow this  
Weevie

About to run for first time

I am about ready to run my Neo Scorcher for the first time

I have plugged in the battery pack and hear a series of beeps - the steering also turns - but nothing else - no turning of the motor

Would I be right in thinking that to get the motor to turn - I need an input from the Rx - and batteries in the Tx ?

How do I synch the 2 together and get the steering centred ?

Tamiya instructions are very poor !!

If the ESC detects no signal, it will beep but not spin up the motor. This is a safety feature, not a fault.

Of course, for there to be a signal, there need to be batteries in the TX, or its internal battery needs to be charged, depending on the type of TX you have.

By "synch the two together" I take it you mean binding a 2.4GHz system? The instructions for that should have come with your radio set. However if you are having difficulty, perhaps one of us could walk you through it if you let us know the make and model of your radio?

Once you have power to your TX, power to your RX via the car's drive battery and the ESC, and the TX and RX are bound, you would centre the TX trims and that should center the servo. You would then position the servo saver as close to center as possible, performing final adjustments with the steering tierods and/or the transmitter trims so that the car runs straight.

Another issue first-time runners sometimes have is with calibration of the ESC. Did you manage to nget it calibrated successfully? If not, one of us could probably walk you through that as well.

Thanks - I still need batteries for the TX before the next step (Centring steering and calibrating ESC)

(Hopefully tomorrow)

And the ESC is a "brushless 025" whatever that means

Googling the TBLE-02 - It looks identical !!

Please try setting up your TBLE-02S to either brushless or brushed mode, depending on the motor you're using. The manual shows the necessary steps. If you've trouble getting it done, have a look at the various threads in this forum dedicated to this ESC.

OK Ready to try for the first time

The motor is BRUSHED and I am using a TBLE-02S esc

Could someone please advise me on the setting up steps ?

Tamiya instructions are "ALL OVER THE PLACE" ie not clear which I follow

I don't want the car zooming off damaging itself - if I do things in the wrong order

Thanks

So it appears that my ESC is NOT designed to run with the brushed motor - that was all supplied together in a kit ?

I guess what you're trying to say is:

The TBLE-02S comes in "brushless mode" from the factory, and needs to be switched to "brushed mode" by the user.

This is a quirk that may stem from Tamiya Japan not including any ESCs at all in their domestic kits - they're sold separately. For us, they're usually added to the kits by the regional distributors in the rest of the world. So in afterthought it is no surprise that this combo brushed/brushless ESC is set in brushless mode first.

Again, there are so many threads to this ESC if you browse for a few pages through TC's "all things electric" forum that should provide you helpful advice.

From what I can see from those threads, it is not uncommon to have trouble with the setup on this particular piece of speed controller. But from what I can understand, it all boils down to not having paid attention to the setup procedure described in the manual, and the stiff cover put over the setup button. For the latter, some say you can make life easier by removing a portion of the cover.

Please try to follow the steps shown in these threads. If you're not willing to do that, I'd say contact your seller for warranty or return of the controller for a different ESC. Regardless how you decide, I hope you'll be able to run your car soon and have lots of fun with it. :)

Your ESC and motor will work together just fine once you have done the setup. Where are you located? There may be a member close by who can walk you through the setup face-to-face, or simply do it for you.

Follow the instructions slowly, in the dark, with no motor connected.

Do the brushed bit first before setting the end points.

Hard the first time but gets easier by the 6th or 7th...

Your ESC and motor will work together just fine once you have done the setup. Where are you located? There may be a member close by who can walk you through the setup face-to-face, or simply do it for you.

I am in Somerset (UK)