Mokei Kagaku

Some Tamiya 2016 RC-kit releases (Hi-res pics added January 26th)

I checked the dimensions of the 1:1 Jimny vs. the 1:! SWB G-Wagen right after the news about the G-Wagen coming on the MF-01X in mid December, and was surprised to see that the G-Wagen doesn't have that much bigger wheelbase or width. Long ("rear TG10-type") wheelaxles or wheels with more offset and the MF-01X chassis in LWB (239mm) version is all it takes and the G-Wagen will actually be true 1/10 scale!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78352&p=612329

I don't suppose Tamiya have taken that approach? Or is the G-Wagen based on the same narrow MWB configuration as the Jimny?

[Threads merged]

23699 JGSDF Type 10 Tank (Full Operation Finished Model)

47309 Eunos Roadster Body Parts Set

47314 Touring Car Short Spring Set (Mica Blue)

47315 Raybrig NSX Concept-GT Lightweight Body Parts Set

57894 XB Honda City Turbo (WR-02C)

57895 XB Racing Fighter (DT-03)

57896 XB Mercedes-Benz Unimog 425 (CC-01)

57897 XB Plasma Edge II (TT-02B)

57898 XB Mercedes-Benz G320 Cabrio (MF-01X)

58633 Blackfoot 2016 (re-release of 58058)

84426 TT-02 White Lower Deck

• Like 5

I get the appeal of the racing truck now, when I first saw it I thought it was based on the Lorry chassis, not a race type chassis. I agree these will be great fun for a race class.

• Like 1

The 58632 racing truck is confirmed:

58632 Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS (TT-01E Chassis / 1/14 scale)

I read this thread thru expecting this to be a hoax or mistake. Is the racing truck scene taking off in Japan? I've seen a handful of shells around in the UK but it's not a big scene.

It might find its way onto my wishlist tho - I'm just building my MAN TGX 6x4 rig and had no idea what kind of paint scheme or trailer to make for it, but a race trailer with a couple of MAN race trucks on the back sound like a really awesome custom project. Excited :D

Pic courtesy of TamiyaBlog http://tamiyablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/tamiya-new-releases-nuremberg-toy-fair-2016-26.jpg

tamiya-new-releases-nuremberg-toy-fair-2

Cool, at least there'll be a supply of decals! But there's another 1986 re-issue I'm waiting for Tamiya!!! Maybe we will be waiting until the Summer for that one given it was originally launched in July.

Fix'd the broken picture for you (no hotlinking allowed) by re-uploading:

tamiya-new-releases-n6gsaz.jpg

Source: http://tamiyablog.com/2016/01/first-overview-of-the-new-tamiya-items-presented-at-nuremberg-toy-fair-spielwarenmesse-2016/

Dedicated thread started by Wandy:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78701&hl=

• Like 1

Gee i have not got the monster beetle yet :( & now we have a blackfoot coming woohoo , this is great news .

Thanks Mokel Kagaku .

• Like 2

58633 Blackfoot 2016 (re-release of 58058) confirmed.

AWESOME!! Although... really, fresh wheels are the only remaining parts at this point that this re-release provides for vintage restorations. The body, chassis, tires, and everything else were already available from other re-re kits.

Of course, will have to own a NIB kit though to keep my NIB re-re MB kit company. :lol:

• Like 2

I saw a note on the Plasma edge II photo on Tamiya blog that the Finespec 2.4g transmitter says "system conforms with up to date european regulations"

So I guess this is why Tamico replaced these with Carson units in their XB kits? I wonder if that radio will be available seperately?

AWESOME!! Although... really, fresh wheels are the only remaining parts at this point that this re-release provides for vintage restorations. The body, chassis, tires, and everything else were already available from other re-re kits.

You forgot about the "crossed" front grille. They are very hard to find.

• Like 2

You forgot about the "crossed" front grille. They are very hard to find.

LOL didn't forget - just not even close to that optimistic... haha :lol:

Since when did Tamiya, in re-releasing a model ever NOT settle for 'close enough'?

• Like 1

If I'm right in thinking, the Thunder Shot re-release was the only one to be the same as the original.

As all the parts numbers were the same as the original.

Excluding that it came with a rear wing and an ESC.

my rere kits are currently sealed up but I'm pretty sure a few part numbers were changed, the rere had the updated webbed blue arms and shorter hubs that the terra scorcher and fire dragon had, prob because they were stronger, other parts like the new motor mount maybe changed due to production costs

LOL didn't forget - just not even close to that optimistic... haha :lol:

Since when did Tamiya, in re-releasing a model ever NOT settle for 'close enough'?

And hopefully it comes with the original body with the ford lettering on the hood. :rolleyes:

But I can't see the rollbar with the spotlights behind the cabine.

Optimist and pessimist are fighting inside me as if the Blackfoot is to be re released as a harkening to the 1986 release, then they pretty much HAVE to put FORD on the hood and tailgate as well as give us that "cheesegrater" grille, but time will tell. Anybody got any spy shots??

And finally a weird one; First photo of what is supposed to be Tamiya item number 58632. The photo obviously shows a prototype. Currently no further information available.

12646847_796086417184963_105920415096059

Finally, something I might actually buy. Looks a bit cheap in this pic, keen to see what the production model looks like. Though I might still have to fit a proper cab with lights etc.

IDK why the thought hasn't come to me before, but I wonder if Tamiya isn't copying someone that had taken some Semi wheels and tires and bolted them onto their TT chassis as a joke and then found a Racing Rig body from the old days and plopped it on top. I had an old RC racing CDROM game from about 97 that had the racing semi trucks as a class. Needless to say, that game either suffered from poor graphics design or just my computer wasn't up to the task of running that game well enough to make me want to keep it.

58633 Blackfoot 2016 (re-release of 58058) confirmed.

Juhuuuu, such a great suprise

Optimist and pessimist are fighting inside me as if the Blackfoot is to be re released as a harkening to the 1986 release, then they pretty much HAVE to put FORD on the hood and tailgate as well as give us that "cheesegrater" grille, but time will tell. Anybody got any spy shots??

Or "Landfreeder" with a picture of something vaguely puma like....