kasparov

What's your favorite Vintage Transmitter?

Hi Guys,

Out of the 7 or so different vintage transmitters that I have owned or own, I absolutely love the look and feel of the Acoms Techniplus mk3 transmitter, what about you?

Max

• Like 3

Hi Guys,

Out of the 7 or so different vintage transmitters that I have owned or own, I absolutely love the look and feel of the Acoms Techniplus mk3 transmitter, what about you?

Max

Same as you. Probably because that's what I had with both my kits as a kid. Ended up buying a MK1 recently to replace the steering wheel type I got with a kit I bought.

Acoms mk5 handset all the way for me. Looks good, feels good. The chrome might be a bit tacky by today's standards, but it doesn't have the cheap plastic feel of later models.

• Like 2

Futaba Attack R, for purely sentimental reasons as it was my first hobby-grade set.

• Like 3

Acoms mk5 handset all the way for me. Looks good, feels good. The chrome might be a bit tacky by today's standards, but it doesn't have the cheap plastic feel of later models.

Same here

Btw you guys keep mentioning the magnum jr, but there are about 6 different types.

T2pka

T2pbka

T2pcka

T2peka FM

T2phka

T2pl

And then there is the international Mega Tech versions usually with different mhz options.

How do you pick a favourite? I like almost any Futaba from the 80's to the early 90's, have about another 10 boxed away in a warddrobe too.

20160104_144805_zpsewosshdv.jpg

I also have a couple of JR's a KO EX-1 SS, and the only Acoms I like are the mk2 techniplus and the Mk1 technisport.

• Like 2

The Airtronics Vector stick radio was my first and holds a special place but my Futaba Attack stick has proven more reliable. Still run it with my Clod Buster to this day. Had a ton of old Aristocraft Challenger 260s because they were so cheap. None of them work anymore. I remember the Airtronics XL2P as being a neat looking piece of equipment. But all in all, my favorite was my old MRC Top Gun pistol that I ran in my Vanquish. Great topic!

Airtronics SR2/Cox Cadet 2-stick. It was my first radio set, and I still love the chunky feel of it. Reliable, too. And of course, the weird old XL2P gets an honorable mention. I never had the battery problems with mine, and I liked the feel of it, but wow that thing took up a lot of space when you were trying to pack for the track.

Strangely, as ubiquitous as they are, I don't think I ever bought a Futaba Attack or Magnum on purpose. I have had a few, and still use one, but only because they came with secondhand cars.

I like Futaba stuff best. I happen to have one Airtronics XL2P and a 70's Cox, but Futaba will always be my thing.

Now if you ask me what's my all-time favorite, I would have to point the Futaba T4L 4-channel transmitter. I know back in the day they made one that was stamped "4WD" on 75mhz to go with the Toyota pick-up and the Blazing Blazer. I have a photo of one of those somewhere, can't seem to find it right now.

Anyway, here's a pic of my favorite transmitter:

qYqNaKt.jpg

Happy 2016 y'all! :)

• Like 1

U really like this Tamiya-badged Futaba Attack controller...

116491615_tamiya-124-tamtech-201-digital

• Like 1

a yellow kraft stick control....(first real radio I got, with my brat)

oH i almost forgot the Futaba Magnum (or Megatech) family from the late 80's T2PD (AM) T2PDF (FM) & T3PB (PCM)

1u2PDMC310set1.jpg

ZH04.JPG

$_1.JPG

• Like 1

Futaba Attack SR for me. Wasn't my first but the gleaming white won me over as it was so different from anything else. Been trying to find another one for a couple of years, but finding one that's not faded is not easy.

Futaba Attack SR for me. Wasn't my first but the gleaming white won me over as it was so different from anything else. Been trying to find another one for a couple of years, but finding one that's not faded is not easy.

Have a look at this (and get yourself a faded one, alright ;))

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=98012&id=22525

Excellent idea, and it crossed my mind before, Erich. But you would have to remove the decal on the front :(

Did the SR come in a green or black? I have the white and the grey... I am pretty sure they do...