kasparov

What's your favorite Vintage Transmitter?

I have a question for you guys since I received a beautiful Magnum Jr. in the mail last week. The foam is a little hard. Is there anyway to soften it up? My other MJr. didn't have this issue.

Whoa cool! Didn't know they sold these. Many thanks ;)

I have a question for you guys since I received a beautiful Magnum Jr. in the mail last week. The foam is a little hard. Is there anyway to soften it up? My other MJr. didn't have this issue.

My Magnum Jr's foam is suffering the same thing. Anyway, anybody remember the custom rubber wheels made by TCer shenlonco one or two years ago?

Here's the sales thread: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69929

Excellent idea, and it crossed my mind before, Erich. But you would have to remove the decal on the front :(

By the way, and totally off topic I know, that also works with yellowed Tamiya windows! ;)

• Like 1

My Magnum Jr's foam is suffering the same thing. Anyway, anybody remember the custom rubber wheels made by TCer shenlonco one or two years ago?

Here's the sales thread: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69929

Those are a little too flashy for my taste. I had one of these on my XL2P for many years, and I really liked how it felt. "Vintage," too; they've been making them since the 80s... ;)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXS480&P=8

Honorable mention for my other Magnum Juniors.

T2PEKA FM 75mhz

bg_radio_futaba_2peka.jpg

T2PHKA AM 75mhz

4513886005824.jpg

T2PL AM 27mhz

2PL.jpg

The latter two I'm planning on upgrading with an FTA15 steering wheel.

4166g31KRZL._SY355_.jpg

By the way, and totally off topic I know, that also works with yellowed Tamiya windows! ;)

Nice, I wanted to do some clod wheels but you can only buy it in 100ml bottles from chemist otherwise they ask questions <_<

In that post the guy is using diluted topical solution. It's the typical pre-mixed stuff you can get at any drug store.

Futaba Attack R, for purely sentimental reasons as it was my first hobby-grade set.

Same here. Also had an Attack (no R) as well, they felt so solid compared to today's offerings.

My old stick transmitter with DASH written on it. Needs a new battery holder though.

My favourite vintage transmitter is the Nikko Micom, from 1986. It had the ability to record the movement of the vehicle, then replay the driving sequence.

nikkomicom.jpg

My second favourite is the Nikko Sand Eagle C-5 transmitter.

It had additional buttons for turning the headlights on/off, and opening/closing the gull wing doors, on the 6-speed, 1/10 scale Sand Eagle C-5.

nikkosandeaglec-5.jpg

As you were ^_^

• Like 3

KO Propo EX5, was my first quality radio after my package deal Acoms Techniplus that came with my Fox back in 87ish

image.jpg1_zpsmqsyjdeh.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, you guys have a lot of different likes. I think it is a bit like asking which kid or which pet is your favorite, they all have a nice space in my heart. I won't put any photos up as there are too many, but I do like the feel of the GIANT Brown Box Futaba wheelie that originally came with my Hotshot back in 1986ish. I have a few here, even have a two stick version as well and they are big and clunky, but it is that love of the first type isn't it. I like Futaba and have many and hope one day to have them all shown on several posts in the TC Showroom I keep building, but I have to be honest. That second generation Magnum was a bit constrained feeling for my fat large hands. The First generation of Magnum where you could swivel the head around for left or right hand use, that one feels right in my hand, if not a bit top heavy.

I have bought a couple of the more subtle colors of those rubber wheels from the TC member and they are cool, but I am a fan of the original feeling felt and rubber wheels from the 80's, even have a Kimbrough "knuckle" wheel as I like to call it.

I ordered this Tamtec 202 transmitter from RCJaz.com for $5. It's a Tamiya re-badge of the Futaba Magnum Sport T2PB.

b_45013.jpg

• Like 5

thanks so much for posting that info 94eg!, I just grabbed one

Wow, they still have them for sale all this time!! I have one I bought from another TC member at least 10 years ago, hadn't seen one before and I don't have any of the F1 Tamtech kits. I don't think I will add them to my want list, but I really liked the radio, so it was a good buy, but this is even cheaper than I got mine for.

It's just a 27mhz AM transmitter like all Tamiya units. It will work perfectly with any CPR unit or Tamiya receiver as well as any 27mhz AM Futaba receiver.

I have one, not by Astro, but branded with MRC. I should say it is a favorite, but to be honest, I haven't used it and I was going to interpret this thread to be the favorite radio we have used, but then again, that is my interpretation. Very cool looking indeed, the photos do them no justice.

on the Tamtech wheelie, I knew they were 27MHz and intend to use it with something around here, eventually.

I ordered this Tamtec 202 transmitter from RCJaz.com for $5. It's a Tamiya re-badge of the Futaba Magnum Sport T2PB.

Not fond of the tamtech sticker, but for $5 they would be a good source of spare parts, as you know the trim pot's flog out after a while, and spare battery trays and antenna's etc would be handy.

oH i almost forgot the Futaba Magnum (or Megatech) family from the late 80's T2PD (AM) T2PDF (FM) & T3PB (PCM)

1u2PDMC310set1.jpg

ZH04.JPG

$_1.JPG

I love those! Has to be my favorite.

And I've never even seen one in the flesh. But I just love all the little knobs to set everything manually. This must have been the epitome of tech before computerization set in. In a way it's almost steampunk. Dialpunk?

Really hard to get one in top condition now though. Those radios were obviously bought to be used.