kasparov

What's your favorite Vintage Transmitter?

Although I never owned one, I remember drooling over the Ko Propo Special Edition in my LHS. Gold everywhere, with that awesome BBS mesh styled steering wheel.

As for favorite I've owned, the Airtronics XL2P for gun style, and the Airtronics  SR series for stick controllers. Still have multiples of each, and they all still work brilliantly.

00r0r_4kNPMKINhC1_1200x900.jpg

I've had the worst luck trying to get a decent WORKING Airtronics XL2P. First one I got, melted the battery holder, second one just dead on arrival but used as a donor for first radio and melted that battery holder also. Still have them both, they're clean and beautiful but not functional.  

I'm going with the Airtronics XL2P as well, I have 2 for the 80's and both a thankfully still working.

Mine would be the KO propo  EX-5  since that was the most i can get that time... 

loved the KO PROPO radios! the older am ones and the ex5... I own 4 Ko radios the old ex5am and the next gen mars-R and the newer EX1 UR and a EX10! awesome radios!

still own and use my airtronics caliper 3ps love this one also!

P1040361.JPG

• Like 1

Not as old as the ones in here - does early/mid 90s count as vintage? The Sanwa seven ace for me, they looked so cool being able to stand upright. Was the first I bought new for the new touring car and I still have it. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with modern ESC so its in a box.

I just picked up a Sanwa MT4s which came with 2 servos and they are the same bar the plugs as the 4 I have from late 80s early 90s

Not really that vintage but not available anymore the Airtronics/sanwa M11😊

On 03/01/2016 at 7:13 PM, Fruitfly01 said:

Acoms mk5 handset all the way for me. Looks good, feels good. The chrome might be a bit tacky by today's standards, but it doesn't have the cheap plastic feel of later models.

dito

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:10 AM, Jeffyboy403 said:

Magnum Jr. T2PBKA

This one feels great to me...well built and the knurling is great.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:20 AM, shenlonco said:

loved the KO PROPO radios! the older am ones and the ex5... I own 4 Ko radios the old ex5am and the next gen mars-R and the newer EX1 UR and a EX10! awesome radios!

still own and use my airtronics caliper 3ps love this one also!

The EX-5 just screams RC to me and I loved the wheel on it....I've now realized I had a lot of these transmitters and don't know where they went.....moving seems to make things disappear:)