beefmuffin

Best Deal on 5000mAh NiMH Batteries?

Hey guys - anyone know of the best deal on 5000mAh NiMH batteries? There are some cheap ones I see on eBay but I'm reluctant to buy them since I don't know if they are decent quality... and I'm notoriously concerned about the dangers batteries can pose.

That being said - I'd like to find a source for good, high capacity NiMH batteries for less than $30-35 apiece, which seems to be about the going rate.

Anyone know of any hookups? Had experience with some value brand(s)?

• Like 1

In my experience with Nimh you are better to go for quality over capacity. Some healthy GP3300 cells have been my most reliable and more powerful batteries before going over to lipo. They lasted as long as a supposed 4200mah pack.

Build your own??? http://www.metaefficient.com/rechargeable-batteries/csize-rechargeable-batteries-2012.html

Lot of banter about Tenergy outside of RC circles too...

In my other hobby, someone I know builds custom DC battery packs... I can ask him what he uses...

For myself, I've been using cheap Duratrax Onyx packs... They run me about $20-$30 at my LHS for the 3000s... I don't run very long so I don't need the extra mAh's... They are cheap and easy to find and maintain... And if it busts, I'm only out another $30... No big deal...

Terry

I don't own any myself, but I have been led to believe that the Turnigy NiMh packs sold by HobbyKing are OK..

If the space of your battery compartment is tight, please note that most NiMH stickpacks up to around 3500 mAh will fit fine. Beyond that, they may exceed the dimensions in both length and thickness.