Saito2

King Cab, Tamiya's unsung truck

Bought a KC, awaiting it's arrival :D

• Like 2

Bought a KC, awaiting it's arrival :D

Was it the one that came and went very quickly on eBay yesterday? ; )

• Like 1

No, I saw that one, looked very nice.

My one was listed as a Tamia, and a very good buy imo. The seller also had a "3 hole bumper" hotshot that I forgot to bid on, went for buttons!!

Well, I didn't find the "other car in auction" as stated, but I sure found that HS and WOW, it did sell for nothing considering the SuperShot suspension set is about a $25-$45 upgrade depending on what you do to make it up and where you buy it and condition.

I myself was fortunate to pick up locally another Hotshot project over the weekend, I just finished trimming the yard for the photo shoot in the mid morning, fingers crossed it isn't in the 30 degree temps and that the sun is fully out like it was today.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't find the "other car in auction" as stated, but I sure found that HS and WOW, it did sell for nothing considering the SuperShot suspension set is about a $25-$45 upgrade depending on what you do to make it up and where you buy it and condition.

I myself was fortunate to pick up locally another Hotshot project over the weekend, I just finished trimming the yard for the photo shoot in the mid morning, fingers crossed it isn't in the 30 degree temps and that the sun is fully out like it was today.

I put a bid on the king cab and was gonna bid on the hotshot but forgot, then I forgot about the king cab lol, and only remembered when I got the "you've won" email.

The hotshot price was crazy wasn't it? Hopefully the winner is on the forum.

The KC was a similar price, good to see there are still bargains to be had I suppose?? :)

Yep, good to see that there are bargains still out there and getting to the homes of fellow Tamiya nuts for restoration. Let me know if that KC is missing any small bits or what have you, I might have some help in the form of parts here.

What are NIB King Cabs going for nowadays? Still got mine in the wardrobe.....don't think I'll ever get around to building it!

What are NIB King Cabs going for nowadays? Still got mine in the wardrobe.....don't think I'll ever get around to building it!

About $50 but I'll give you $100 because I'm awesome like that. LOL. :D

• Like 3

Is the general consensus on here that they will or they won't re-re the KingCab and/or the Hilux Monster Racer?

Since we are technically a hive mind I can speak for all in saying T will eventually have to re-re one or both. They aren't going to stop re-releasing old models and there are only so many in the flock.

• Like 3