Sign in to follow this  
taliesin

Dirt Thrasher vs. Terra Scorcher body sets

How close are these two? Are they interchangeable - with or without modifications? Wondering if the TS would fit onto an old DF-01 buggy.

I know Tamiya reuses body shells on different chassis fairly often. Never had a TS, but I do have a DT and they look quite similar. Other than the wings, of course.

Close, but no winner - or, yup, same thing, different name.

​Cheers,

T.

I always thought it was just the wing. I don't have a DT here to compare to my TS bodies unfortunately.

Chris.

Body is the same, different wing.

Not sure if the wing will fit on the DF01s rear.

The bodies of both cars have one tiny difference. The Dirt Thrasher body has a single rear body mount hole to accommodate the body post on top of the DF01 gearbox. The Terra Scorcher body has two slots cut into the rear end so it can slide under the body retainer hidden under the wing. And because the TS wing is inverted, fitting the body can be a bit of a faff.

Early photos of the DT also show the original resistor plate hole in the body to be sealed off, although I think the actual model still has the hole.

Good to know, I thought they were either identical or very close except for the wing & I wasn't sure about the wing mounts at all. Thanks for the info guys!