Brads442

Vintage Tamiya Fox Drive Shafts Interchange?

I need to replace the old drive shafts in my vintage Fox. I drive this car, so I need something better than the factory shafts if possible. Can anyone tell me what re-release versions will work in the Fox? I have been searching on eBay and can't really find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Brad

You should be able to use the Nova Fox dogbones/half shafts/outdrives, as long as you use the original C circlips.

The Nova Fox uses thicker E clips to retain the half shafts in the gearbox output bearing, and has deeper bearing recesses to accommodate. So worst case scenario you will need to replace the gearbox halves and use the thicker E clips with the new dobgone set.

- James

• Like 1

Does somebody know the lenght of the Nova Fox half shafts please?

Max

So worst case scenario you will need to replace the gearbox halves and use the thicker E clips with the new dobgone set.

- James

That's exactly what I did and it works great.

Hi Max,

What part do you require the length for; Drive Shaft, Gearbox Joints or Wheel Axles?

Antony

Tony's Tamiya Parts

I went the other route and snapped up two sets of NOS vintage drive shafts to keep my old Fox original and future proofed - I love the look of the chunky old drive shafts with their big rubber boots

• Like 1

Hi,

I need to know the lenght of the drive shafts, also improperly called dog bones.

Cheers

Max

Hi Max,

What part do you require the length for; Drive Shaft, Gearbox Joints or Wheel Axles?

Antony

Tony's Tamiya Parts