Nitomor

2016 Re release predictions...

Not long now with the Nuremberg fair on tomorrow, So;

What will Tamiya have in store for us Re-Re wise for 2016?

My money's on the BigWig...

Will we get spoiled with more than one?

I'd love to see an original scale Hilux/Blazer 3 speed (but using the new box).

We got the city turbo this time last year, I hope we get at least one at this fair!

• Like 1

At least two from these four.

King Cab

Bigwig

Blazing Blazer

Porsche 959....on the MF01 chassis.

• Like 4

As the Bigwig was originally released to celebrate their 10th anniversary. Do you think they will do a re re version? Also if they did, I wonder what motor they would supply with it?

Craig :)

As the Bigwig was originally released to celebrate their 10th anniversary. Do you think they will do a re re version? Also if they did, I wonder what motor they would supply with it?

Craig :)

It would make sense. It all depends on how popular the buggy is/was in Japan IMO. It wouldn't come with a Technigold, that's for sure. More than likely would have the same Super Stock that is in the Super Hotshot kit.

• Like 2

Well the BigWig was released to celebrate Tamiya's 10th anniversary in '86, what a way to celebrate their (and my ;) ) 40th anniversary!! It has to be this year surely!!

• Like 2

I think they should re release the BigWig because it is the only car they ever made that had the words "Big" and "Wig" together in the title! :)

Do I win the daftest reason award? :D

I am really hoping for the Bigwig, but I would be happy with an Astute or a Top Force Evo ​

• Like 2

I think they should re release the BigWig because it is the only car they ever made that had the words "Big" and "Wig" together in the title! :)

Do I win the daftest reason award? :D

tamiya may change the name like other models.......BigToupee? Neo Toupee? Fighting Toupee?

• Like 2

58633 Blackfoot 2016 confirmed

Why ?

Maybe they need another £140 truck kit option ??

• Like 1

I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed with the Blackfoot news, happy for the decals but it's not hard for anyone to emulate it, take the already released orv and slap the current BFIII shell on it. I'm pleased it's out there but I was hoping for more, don't they stagger the releases at the show so there may yet be more to come?

ps.

Big Pig ;)

Pinchy Wig!

Monster Wig (with big wheels ;) ) lol

• Like 1

I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed with the Blackfoot news, happy for the decals but it's not hard for anyone to emulate it, take the already released orv and slap the current BFIII shell on it. I'm pleased it's out there but I was hoping for more, don't they stagger the releases at the show so there may yet be more to come?

ps.

Big Pig ;)

Pinchy Wig!

Monster Wig (with big wheels ;) ) lol

In terms of the personal utility of the Blackfoot re-re at this point I feel the same way. Will be happy to get fresh wheels. Luckily, I bet the majority of the decals can be unchanged! There's no copyright on "Stompin' Around" or "Blackfoot" that Tamiya needs to worry about. The "Ford" logo on the bed will probably be changed to "Forward" or something.

BUT in terms of value to Tamiya when it comes to kit sales, this will certainly be a huge win for them. The Blackfoot was one of their early cash cows in terms of sales numbers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of unusually high-visibility advertising from them to promote this. If they can tap into the number of people who bought or had Blackfoots BITD they'll be rolling in the $$ with this. Which can only be a good thing as it might help them offset the economics of less lucrative releases ie, maybe a Bigwig... which despite being exciting for us won't sell nearly as well with the general population.

• Like 3

If it is re-released as the "Ford F-150 Blackfoot 2016" then that will be very promising news for a SRB Ranger re-release too. If not however......

I wonder if this Blackfoot comes with black CVAs instead of the original sprung pogo sticks. That would be a welcome upgrade but I guess the purists would be unhappy about it.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a Hotshot II. Not likely, but I'd still like to get one. I'd also like to see a re-re Optima Mid variant.

• Like 3

Please forgive my ignorance, but how many re-releases do they usually announce at the Nuremberg fair? In other words, is the Blackfoot it for now or can one still hope?

I'd like to see the HSII also and a Turbo Optima purely because I had both of these back in the day! (HS was awesome, Optima broke its front upright everytime I took it out but what a looker!!)

Looking forward to getting the Blackfoot! One of my all time favorite cars. I destroyed my old one jumping off a quarter pipe in '87. Will join my Monster Beetle re re in the stable.

• Like 1

If they've sorted the diff issue out, an ORV Blackfoot may well find its way into my home eventually!

• Like 1