Super Astute chassis and body

Dyna Storm geartrain

New short battery position

Carbon plates all around.

Hi Cap Dampers

TR15-T grey parts all around.

Max

• Like 1

Found this image online when googling tamiya re releases 2016...

image.jpg

Now that would be nice! Don't know why it says 2015, fan made?

This would give the Willy guys their tyres and pave the way for the Hilux ;)

First: The name on the side says Blazing Blazer!!! WRONG!

Second: The Old Gearbox! WRONG (Tamiya made a new gearbox for Bruicer/Mountaineer and would use it for this if released) 

Third: NO re-re offroader has original sponsor decals, all has Tamiya madeup sponsor decals

Obvious fake, to bad...

Badboy 

Haha...just fanning the flames...

Yes it's clearly fake but who made it and why I wonder...possible leak? 

Don't forget the 3 step servo operated speed control too. I clocked the sponsor decals, but didn't clock the "Blizer" lol even though its staring me in the face! It would be great if it were released on the old box, to provide spares for originals and also if they retained the lockable/freewheeling hubs. I Wonder what they would do with the speed controller in a Hilux. On the Blazer I guess it would be ESC.

I so hope it happens.

Thanks Twinset, an amusing thread lol!

I won't get too excited about this then ;)

23halqo.jpg

Lol, others might be quite happy to see a DT02 Blazer if it had the Blazer tyres!!

• Like 3

Ha ha. The only things missing from that pic are the holes in the bonnet for the DT-02 front shock tower...

• Like 2

1 week to go now.

I didn't appreciate that not only is it 40 years of RC cars, it is also Tamiya's 70th year anniversary so I'm expecting some good stuff from them!!

The Anniversary stuff seems bizarre. The Hornet black had a sticker saying 40th Anniversary, harking back to the first RC Tamiya made, which was a tank in 1974. First RC car was 1976. Inception was in May 1946, so Shizuoka 2016 in May, is exactly 70 years!

:)

Edit: & 30 years of the Big Wig, & 35 for the Hilux 4x4...anymore? lol!

• Like 1

Don't forget Tamiya have a huge range of static kits too, I dare say they work on releases and re-releases of those as well as our beloved RC !

Sitting here impatiently tho :lol:

I know that its been asked for, but I would like to ask again:

My vote would be for anything TopForce!

4 hours ago, Nitomor said:

1 week to go now.

I didn't appreciate that not only is it 40 years of RC cars, it is also Tamiya's 70th year anniversary so I'm expecting some good stuff from them!!

The Anniversary stuff seems bizarre. The Hornet black had a sticker saying 40th Anniversary, harking back to the first RC Tamiya made, which was a tank in 1974. First RC car was 1976. Inception was in May 1946, so Shizuoka 2016 in May, is exactly 70 years!

:)

Edit: & 30 years of the Big Wig, & 35 for the Hilux 4x4...anymore? lol!

30 years for the 959 too. That would be their most earth shattering re-release that they could announce.

I can't believe we have just over a week to go and there has been so little announced. Not even a peep about the Blackfoot. Very odd.

I'm going on the no news is good news theory...being this secretive i'm hoping means we have some gems to look forward to!!

2 hours ago, Wandy said:

30 years for the 959 too. That would be their most earth shattering re-release that they could announce.

I can't believe we have just over a week to go and there has been so little announced. Not even a peep about the Blackfoot. Very odd.

I hear you Wandy.....959 is way overdue....

Could mean one of two things - either the release is so big and impressive that everyone "in the know" has been sworn to absolute secrecy upon penalty of ritual disembowelment, or Tamiya have decided to ignore their relatively small RC fanbase and are going to release something to appeal to one of their larger markets.

• Like 2

Only a few hours to go before the show! Anyone want to revise their predictions? :)

Top force Evo or Bigwig, don't know what the chances are but the heart wants what the heart wants.....

I reckon some Porsche goodness too...a la 934 and Martini turbo/959!