Nitomor

2016 Re release predictions...

9 minutes ago, moffman said:

Me too it's good that I now can have a bit of breathing space because I was really looking forward to seeing a bigwig, 959, and ultimately the SRB ranger but my wallet was also dreading them:o!, I can begin to sort out the much regretted rc's that I'm going to sell because I haven't got a mansion so space is getting a premium in the moffman pad and I've had major building (essential not for luxury) work and a few times I've seen the wife heavy sighing and biting her bottom lip when she looks at my hoard (sorry collection!) So to keep the peace and invest in future hobby space I'm having a collection slim down! :(:unsure:

You don't need to slim down your collection, moffman, you just need to build a collection cloaking device...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, beefmuffin said:

You don't need to slim down your collection, moffman, you just need to build a collection cloaking device...

Oh I need one of those glass partitions :o that's the answer to all my problems and dreams or that cloak thing from harry potter not to wear to put over all my tamiya boxes!

• Like 2

Tamiya 70th Celebrations appear to start tomorrow...

title_635_3.jpg

From Tamiyablog website, also this image, I see a Bruiser wheel next to a blackfoot chassis?!

mini4wd_stk.jpg

Will we get a new Rere??

Cheers

Nito

So the only release we got from the Tokyo all Japan Model show 2016 was "diddly" and "squat" again :(, it's been a pretty tame year considering it's a big anniversary one! Maybe they're re-doubling their efforts after seeing Kyosho's rere take, here's hoping ;) lol

• Like 2

Aww. Shame about the lack of re-releases. Still I've got a huge wish list so I can work my way through that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nitomor said:

So the only release we got from the Tokyo all Japan Model show 2016 was "diddly" and "squat" again :(, it's been a pretty tame year considering it's a big anniversary one! Maybe they're re-doubling their efforts after seeing Kyosho's rere take, here's hoping ;) lol

Yeah this has felt like a very drab year compared to those gone by, We did get some decent stuff but the Blackfoot was spoiled by the lack of Ford licencing and the 40th Anniversary Porsche simply isn't special enough for such an occasion. The most interesting thing we have seen was probably the MAN Racing Truck.

They have one more chance of pulling something special out of the bag with the Tamiya Fair in November. Fingers crossed for that 959/Blazing Blazer/Bigwig/King Cab. :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wandy said:

They have one more chance of pulling something special out of the bag with the Tamiya Fair in November. Fingers crossed for that 959/Blazing Blazer/Bigwig/King Cab. :)

You know... I was looking at the re-re Boomerang C parts, how they include all the special blue Bigwig parts like the front shock mounts, steering rack+pinion, etc and it reinforced my gut sense that Tamiya had been and hopefully still are planning to re-release the Bigwig.  Looking at the re-re Boomerang parts the following parts trees could be re-used exactly as-is from the Boomerang (and Fox):

• B parts (bumper etc)
  • C parts (blue parts)
  • D parts (battery door / rear skid plate)
  • G parts (gear boxes)
  • R parts (rear arms)
  • T + U parts (rear shocks)
  • X + Y parts (front shocks)
  • Z parts (from Novafox)
  • Tires
  • Gears
  • Pro Joints+Shaft / Axles / Drive Cups+Shafts / etc
  • Hardware bags A-E are almost a match

All they would need to come up with are:

• A parts (yellow parts)
  • F parts (front arms)
  • Wheels
  • Chassis + Sub-chassis
  • Press parts + steering boots
  • Body + Decals + Manual

That seems nearly irresistible.  It's less than they had to do for the Novafox.  Although, by the same measure they could re-release the Super Sabre literally with ONE parts tree + Body/Decals/Manual.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, beefmuffin said:

You know... I was looking at the re-re Boomerang C parts, how they include all the special blue Bigwig parts like the front shock mounts, steering rack+pinion, etc and it reinforced my gut sense that Tamiya had been and hopefully still are planning to re-release the Bigwig.

You would certainly think so. But surely this year would be the time to do it, ie 30 years after it was released as the 10th Anniversary RC kit.

On the other hand, Tamiya don't seem that sentimental when it comes to the numbers so they are just as likely to re-release it after 31 years, rather than rounding it off nicely with the 30. :rolleyes:

The Bigwig has another issue, probably related with the designer's property.

Max

I think Tamiya could have made the Porsche 934 perfect by doing this- M06 with FRP/carbon hopped up, extra wide wheels and run in 225mm with a 5mm extension somewhere.   I would have actually bought that!

I don't understand why we haven't had the original Clodbuster yet. Different colour F parts, wheel hubs and sticker set must be the easiest win yet for Tamiya with the SC being in current production. 

Ok so it's easy enough to spray your f parts red, wheels white and get some repro decals but you can't  replace the box art at home. 

Given the current Bull Head and Clodbuster pricing is pretty good, so the kit would be competitive, I wonder if they are saving it for a big anniversary for it i.e. next year; or being Tamiya a random launch date. 

I wondered if the mud blaster may be next for the monster trucks as all parts are in use on the MB/BF/SB but they could skip to the bush devil/king blackfoot chassis. I don't recall the mud blaster being that popular though and given the MB and BF sales seen strong, they probably won't go away for a while.

Having been...Ok ill say it Bitterly disappointed with 2016 ReRe status...Is it too soon to look forward to 2017?

This'll perk you up a little, 

Tamiyablog celebrates 10 years...

http://tamiyablog.com/ 

At least they have the decency to feature and recognise the Big Wig on this anniversary year!!

Never too soon. 2017 will have the hilux monster racer, nissan king cab, mudblaster and the bigwig B).

*Disclaimer. I may be completely wrong. :(

no no no lol

Striker

Thunder Dragon

and make proper kits from winger and super dragon bodies!

😃

A member just refurbed a thunder dragon. Looked amazing! 

My money is on the SRB F150, Super Sabre.

i wish for a Blazing Blazer, Avante and a ReReRelease of the Tyrell P34

it's a new....

wait for it.....

Rookie Rabbit!!!

I think we have lost the SRB ford ranger for a re-re because of the crazy  licencing issues (surely any good model from a very reputable model manufacture like tamiya is brilliant and free promotion for ford:unsure:?) Or am I just thinking far too logically after all this is the same company that has just ditched the two door ford KA which was a good seller with the young female because it was a bit funky and could be made individually with graphics bigger alloys etc and replaced it with what looks like a five door granny mobile:rolleyes:!. So my bets are with the bigwig and my dream is a Porsche 959 but again licencing issues with rothmans I'm thinking the Toyota celica is the one that's going to make an appearance first! If they ever get re-re'd!

• Like 1

I keep hoping for a true 959/Celica re re. That's all I want! Do you hear me Tamiya. Do it now! (And if you are feeling generous, a BigWig to boot)

As others have said, it comes down to dollars and cents. Despite our enthusiasm here on the board, R/C has been on the decline for years. Just look at how the trades shows have dwindled and downsized.  The market just isn't there to tool up for some of exact release of a 959.

This current market is why we got a 40th anniversary parts bin car. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 40th anniversary car as now one of my 911 GT2 bodies will get a killer chassis. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Shodog said:

As others have said, it comes down to dollars and cents. Despite our enthusiasm here on the board, R/C has been on the decline for years. Just look at how the trades shows have dwindled and downsized.  The market just isn't there to tool up for some of exact release of a 959.

This current market is why we got a 40th anniversary parts bin car. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the 40th anniversary car as now one of my 911 GT2 bodies will get a killer chassis. 

The crisis hits the RC market for sure.

Currently the Vintage mania is the only thing that resists.

Max