Nitomor

2016 Re release predictions...

Thanks for that Truck, you'd think these companies would be happy to grant license just for the free exposure. I do hope the wheels come with the correct lettering, if they release it of course ;)

• Like 1

Could be completely jumping the gun here but I created a specific thread for this.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

Mooncraft is a real company so would need licensing: https://www.mooncraft.jp

Sure, but considering that Tamiya originally bought the design for the Bigwig from Takuya Yura (Mooncraft is his company), it would seem extremely odd that licensing would now stop Tamiya from using the Mooncraft wheels on the re-re Bigwig while using the original body design. Also, Tamiya is mostly having licensing issues with non-Japanese companies. I can't recall a single case of Tamiya dropping licensing for products/product names for brands of Japanese origin.

• Like 2

Cool Mokei ;) It's a sting then to put us off the scent, expose the dealers that are leaking info and then surprise us on the day with the most fantastic re-release ever :)

• Like 1

Can confirm , i have one resevered at my lhs but its on the down low , he usually tells me all the gosip but i messaged him asking about it and its hush hush, he wont tell inless you ask

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beefmuffin said:

Well so far we have @mtbkym01's LHS leaking the news, which may or may not be the same as the link (Metro), plus @chickenman242tk's has heard confirmation from his LHS too (don't think he'll name names though).  It smells like the real deal to me for sure... though Metro might have waited to get the correct pics at least!  :lol:

Metro have done exactly what they were requested not too by Tamiya, as I believe artwork will still need finalising, maybe the Australian distributors are the ones who have made an error by releasing the info to stores

• Like 1

I doubt Metro did anything wrong. It is a common enough practice - purposefully "leaking" scraps of one's own own info to build excitement ahead of a big release. I'd be almost surprised if Tamiya weren't behind it themselves.

Big Wig is fine for me. Would have preferred a Vanquish or Top Force E but I'm sure they will come in the next few years. 

Its just nostalgia. In terms of durability and performance, I prefer traxxas. 

Maybe all our minds will be blown and Tamiya will announce the BigWig AND 959. Could happen. :P

• Like 1

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Wandy said:

At least two from these four.

King Cab

Bigwig

Blazing Blazer

Porsche 959....on the MF01 chassis.

Porsche 959 and hotshot 2 i hope 

Now predict 2018 releases ..be sure to include the Blazing Blazer ,Porsche 959 Dakar ,Ford Ranger :P