Nitomor

2016 Re release predictions...

I hope so too!!

or should that be, 

I hope so, 2 ;)

Just watched the Tamiya promo video, "Racing is the game, and Bigwig is the name" ;)

• Like 2

What ever the next re-re is will probably be revealed at this month's show then release in February at Nuremberg! Me thinks;)!

55 minutes ago, moffman said:

The Top Force Evolution & loads of other cool re-releases will probably be revealed at this month's show then release in February at Nuremberg! Me thinks;)!

Agreed. 

• Like 2

Well, I got sucked into this conversation, soooo, here we go, based SOLELY on what is in my garage as I am moving everything OUT of the house per wife's orders. I find that space is extremely limited in the garage, don't have the weather for an unconditioned space(IE SHED) in the back yard, so I have set my sights on selling off some of my things and extras. With that said, I have made a move(albeit months ago) to sell my New Build Astute, no major bites on that???? Don't know what I did to tick off the TC world, but noone seemed really interested at all. After that was going to be the rest of the family, the MadCap,St Dragon, King Cab, Monster Racer, so it would seem right that Tamiya RE RE ALLL of those in the family to genuinely screw me out of selling mine for sure. Next up, I have a bucket of extra parts for the Blackfoot, so strike that off the list, a small batch of BigWig parts and let me see, what else is here....aside from HotShot parts that is. LOL Well, I guess the TA01 or DF01 series of buggies, I never could figure that completely out since I usually just call them the MantaRay style buggies with different bodies, so I guess it will be the Terra Conqueror that gets the re re treatment too. ENJOY, just days left

I feel your pain but it's not a surprise anymore that they will Rere models and that this will impact on vintage prices in the short term.

I just forked out on an NIB Monster Racer, which is highly likely to be Re're'd (but in the event it doesn't I'm glad that I could add it to the fleet). It's a risk you take but it's a hobby rather than an investment vehicle (excuse the pun)! As nice as it would be for purchases to appreciate in value, which if you're in it for the hobby/collecting you wouldn't necessarily be buying as an investment anyway, so it's maybe somewhat of a moot point, yet it would be nice to know that should you have to sell, you could claw back a good chunk of what you paid.

There has been quite a lot of stuff offered recently on ebay so I think those hoping to cash in have been trying to sell away on the 'Bay. On the flipside, buyers are cautious, knowing that they'll be paying over the odds if a rere comes along which may be why the uptake is slow and prices relatively lower than previously I guess.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

Agreed. 

I'll let you have that one:lol:! Because ya right the top force evo would be a stonking re-re a definite purchase for me but I'm going for the bigwig this time (if I had a little bet on it)

• Like 2

Hmm, Bigwig or Top Force Evo ?  I can't decide ... which one is the ugliest buggy ever built.  Re-release 'em both, it'll save me a few quid. :lol:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StrokerBoy said:

Hmm, Bigwig or Top Force Evo ?  I can't decide ... which one is the ugliest buggy ever built.  Re-release 'em both, it'll save me a few quid. :lol:

I'm afraid although I do like the bigwig and that's my main hope on a re-re it is a bit of a ugly one above the top force but I so want it next on the re-re list:D! But a least it's not on the Nissan juke level of ugliness (now that would be ugly!:huh:)

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that... for me the Bigwig is the most stunning aerodynamic looking Buggy of all. It's looks are well proportioned, purposeful, aggressive, unique, futuristic, streamlined no stuck on spoilers but rather an imposing wing integrated into one flowing shape, it looks fluid and I love the way the rear arches splay out over the wheels and that pointed snout out front. The Box art and colour scheme is also incredible, and once again the Moon Craft wheels are totally original. A real coup of imagination, emotion, soul, art and function combining into one of the most iconic RC's of all time. I love that shot of it's designer carefully and meticulously crafting the shell out of clay. For me, it's the ultimate incarnation of the Shot series and the fore bearer of the Manta Ray TA01 (another of my faves but missed the rere, had one bitd) with it's bathtub chassis :)

Image result for tamiya bigwig designer

Image result for tamiya bigwig

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Nitomor said:

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that... for me the Bigwig is the most stunning aerodynamic looking Buggy of all. It's looks are well proportioned, purposeful, aggressive, unique, futuristic, streamlined no stuck on spoilers but rather an imposing wing integrated into one flowing shape, it looks fluid and I love the way the rear arches splay out over the wheels and that pointed snout out front. The Box art and colour scheme is also incredible, and once again the Moon Craft wheels are totally original. A real coup of imagination, emotion, soul, art and function combining into one of the most iconic RC's of all time. I love that shot of it's designer carefully and meticulously crafting the shell out of clay. For me, it's the ultimate incarnation of the Shot series and the fore bearer of the Manta Ray TA01 (another of my faves but missed the rere, had one bitd) with it's bathtub chassis :)

Image result for tamiya bigwig

I stand corrected -_-it isn't a bad looking buggy at all! In them period photo's it looks a handsome beast but I don't know who does the photo's of the re-re's (super hotshot and sand Scorcher) but they just look completely wrong!

I'm skeptical based on the shear fact there is a Penzoil sponsor decal on the front of the car in the artwork and Tamiya historically hasn't repurchased rights for real sponsors on the re re lines to date. I could be wrong, been wrong before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

I'm skeptical based on the shear fact there is a Penzoil sponsor decal on the front of the car in the artwork and Tamiya historically hasn't repurchased rights for real sponsors on the re re lines to date. I could be wrong, been wrong before.

pics are def bogus (some are from IconicRC!) but description mentions redesigned decals.  my money is on not bogus, just too early for official pics.

• Like 1

Excellent with a rere of the Bigwig. Let's have it with a rere of the Technigold while we are at it.

The spiel says a GT tuned motor with special sticker as per the avante then, Interesting what it says about esc, less than 22mm height will fit in original location, sounds very specific, also implies esc excluded. Tamiya won't be happy with this dealer!! Maybe it's a sting operation!!

ps, what is with "aerodish" wheels. maybe mooncraft is registered to someone else? That would be a real pity!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nitomor said:

Tamiya won't be happy with this dealer!! Maybe it's a sting operation!!

Well so far we have @mtbkym01's LHS leaking the news, which may or may not be the same as the link (Metro), plus @chickenman242tk's has heard confirmation from his LHS too (don't think he'll name names though).  It smells like the real deal to me for sure... though Metro might have waited to get the correct pics at least!  :lol: