Wandy

Blackfoot re-release #58633

I will definitely be getting both... but I'm pretty sure the Optima will be getting more of my pennies at $299. :P

Blackfoot will see more of my hard earned pennies than the Optima

Wow!

Due mainly to me probably not buying an Optima (says probably but as soon as I see peoples pics on here I'll cave) and probably buying two Blackfeet? Blackfoots? Blackfoot's?

• Like 2

Inside information on Blackfoot re-release.

The Blackfoot re-release was not to be made public at the Nuremburg Toy Show, it was only supposed to be shown to national distributors, behind closed doors. So they can place pre-orders.

It will be first shown at Shizuoka Show in May. Released to public a couple of months later.

My understanding is it was let slip by the Germans and Tamiya are not very happy about it!

Antony

• Like 4

" No Tamiya, there's a gun in your trouser's. What's a gun doing in your trouser's?"

"It's for protection."

"Protection from what? Ze Germans?"

• Like 1

The Blackfoot re-release was not to be made public at the Nuremburg Toy Show, it was only supposed to be shown to national distributors, behind closed doors. So they can place pre-orders.

It will be first shown at Shizuoka Show in May. Released to public a couple of months later.

My understanding is it was let slip by the Germans and Tamiya are not very happy about it!

Antony

Thanks for the update Anthony, that gives me time to save up after buying the Optima then :D

Seriously though, if that's the story behind it I'd imagine Tamiya are steaming about it being unveiled too soon, as it could affect sales of the Monster Beetle with people waiting for the BF instead.

Rob

• Like 1

I'm still waiting to get a monster beetle , But stella don't have them in stock :( .. Come on Stella models .

Matman needs a MB or two :D. Then he needs an Blackfoot or three & an Optima or two . ;)

Then again matman needs to work more to get all these :( . :lol: ..

What a great year for re re's .

• Like 2

Antony

why the big secret? We know what the Blackfoot is going to look like and for the past five or so years tamiya have always had big announcement's at Nuremberg fair, I think they have dropped a bit of a clanger with this one because kyosho have stolen the lime light a bit they should of done the last of the SRB's (ranger) then later in the year (October ish!) done the Blackfoot! Two different Ford's spreads the cost of the licencing issues or at least makes it more viable! Or is this just me in my ideal tamiya world?????
  • Like 1

Can't see me buying one tbh, with just having restored my original, it would be nice to be able to get some original decals again. Especially as the re-re will almost certainly have all the same 'weekness' as the original. I think a Blackfoot 3 with a 4x4 conversion would be a better option for myself.

Can't see me buying one tbh, with just having restored my original, it would be nice to be able to get some original decals again. Especially as the re-re will almost certainly have all the same 'weekness' as the original. I think a Blackfoot 3 with a 4x4 conversion would be a better option for myself.

Something like this...? B)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=128320&id=39840

24913333446_d00defe01d_z.jpg

• Like 1

moffman,

Tamiya have very strict confidentially clauses with there distributors and nothing is supposed to be made public until Tamiya announce it themselves.

The reason, it wasn't at Nuremburg, as it was too close to the MB release.

I have been told the Ranger is highly doubtful, as it would mean producing a new rear guard The Buggy Champ/Sand Scorcher one is longer than the original SRb version.

Antony

• Like 1

why the big secret? We know what the Blackfoot is going to look like and for the past five or so years tamiya have always had big announcement's at Nuremberg fair, ....

I have big problems seeing the logic in this as well. Not the least because most of the other new items were announced more than a month in advance of the fair by several sources (including distributors, a practice that has existed for years and which Tamiya Japan impossibly can have missed. If Tamiya Japan had had a problem with the German distributor's announcement of the re-re Blackfoot, it would just be exactly what they have experienced countless times in past years, and Tamiya Japan would have changed their routines on how to inform distributors years ago if they had a problem with it.

Last year, the the re-re Porsche GT2 was announced by the German distributor in exactly the same way although it wasn't shown in Nuremberg and was announced by Tamiya Japan in May or June.

No, I don't doubt for a second that this story exists, but I can't imagine it's correct. If so, it would mean that the guys at Tamiya Japan are stupid and incapable of learning from past experiences. In my humble opinion, absolutely unlikely.

• Like 1

I have been told the Ranger is highly doubtful, as it would mean producing a new rear guard The Buggy Champ/Sand Scorcher one is longer than the original SRb version.

If this is true then all it will do is further highlight how lazy Tamiya currently are with their approach to re-releases when compared to Kyosho. Somehow though I doubt that this will be a factor in determining any Ranger XLT re-release.

• Like 1

If this is true then all it will do is further highlight how lazy Tamiya currently are with their approach to re-releases when compared to Kyosho. Somehow though I doubt that this will be a factor in determining any Ranger XLT re-release.

Fair enough that the re-re cage is longer than the original cage and thus too long to fit under the (original) Ranger body. This has been well known since the release of the (re-re) Buggy Champ. However, I can't possibly imagine that having to make a shorter cage (or substituting the cage for something else (it can't be seen much under the Ranger body anyway) alone would stop the Ranger from being re-released. Licensing reasons? Yes, possible. Considerations that the market for a re-re Ranger may not be big enough to justify it? Yes, possible too. Because of the rear cage? In my humble opinion, definitely not.

• Like 3

The cats out of the bag, Tamiya... Go ahead and show us a pic of this rere before I lose my *******in' mind.

• Like 1

The cats out of the bag, Tamiya... Go ahead and show us a pic of this rere before I lose my *******in' mind.

How much is your sanity worth to you? More than a re-re Monster Beetle, a Blackfoot III body, 4 "Amarok" tires and a set of original Blackfoot stickers, wheels and body posts, I guess? Maybe a set of black CVA II's too. If so, I just need to dig out some generic stickers to cover the authentic stickers on the original's sticker sheet. If you pay the rest, you'll get those stickers for free. ;)

• Like 3

How much is your sanity worth to you? More than a re-re Monster Beetle, a Blackfoot III body, 4 "Amarok" tires and a set of original Blackfoot stickers, wheels and body posts, I guess? Maybe a set of black CVA II's too. If so, I just need to dig out some generic stickers to cover the authentic stickers on the original's sticker sheet. If you pay the rest, you'll get those stickers for free. ;)

Lol. All too true. We will all be amazed if it comes in any form different to the one you just described.

• Like 1

I found a top secret pic of a prototype!

24575591409_6ec999b76d_c.jpg

• Like 7

So the mouse is replacing the roll bar? Lazy Tamiya, just plain lazy....

• Like 1

So the mouse is replacing the roll bar? Lazy Tamiya, just plain lazy....

Ron Jeremy owns the rights to the name "Ron" so instead of "Ramblin' Ron" we're getting "Nibblin' Ned".

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of piecing together models like that, too expensive, especially since we know the real deal is getting rereleased. I guess you could say my sanity in the $250-300 range.

• Like 1

If that's the case, I'll wait for Kyosho to rere the Big Brute! They're not releasing many old models, but the one's they do, they get it right the first time.