Wandy

Blackfoot re-release #58633

18 minutes ago, mheald said:

The pound plummeted in 2008 and has yo-yo'd from 'very weak' to just 'weak' ever since (I work internationally so I watch it like a hawk), its just our lovely government that is trying to convince us that its a recent referendum thing ;) 

My reasoning for the price hike...hmmm...they priced the MB too low and are correcting themselves. The MB did seem super cheap for what it was/is.

I suspect the end of box yen price will be the same as the MB, and that it is just an exchange rate thing - we've seen price rises on some older Tamiya kits in the last couple of months.  You're right on the government though, the current dropping pound doesn't tally with the referendum to any great amount - it's been dropping slowly for months.

On 10/06/2016 at 1:38 PM, mheald said:

Available for pre-order at Fusion for £150. Release date of September 9th. Man, that's a lifetime away!

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/58633-tamiya-blackfoot

Mmm September release? It's definitely been a quiet year from tamiya ^_^ I'm not going to pre-order this one il wait until it's in the shops so to speak unless some other model gets announced that take my liking (959, bigwig!;))!!!!

39 minutes ago, moffman said:

Mmm September release? It's definitely been a quiet year from tamiya ^_^ I'm not going to pre-order this one il wait until it's in the shops so to speak unless some other model gets announced that take my liking (959, bigwig!;))!!!!

Yeah its been a super quiet year for sure, wonder why? Global financial slowdown? Or has the MB done super well and they've not needed to lean on the re-re's so heavily? Whatever happens more will come, I have no doubt. Even if Tamiya hit hard times and couldn't afford complex re-releases, they've got a few SUPER easy cars they could make. Mudblaster, Super Sabre, Terra Scorcher, Thunder Dragon, Avante 2001. All of those would take very, very little work on Tamiya's part and we'd all throw money at those I'm sure. That could keep them going on the re-re front for 3-4 years easily. Then if they got super stuck they could start re-re-re's lol. I missed the Dyna Storm, Thundershot and Fire Dragon, all of which I'd buy in a heart beat if they did a second run. I'd kill for a Thundershot!

Tamiya will not let us down, I have ultimate faith :)

if they re re'd the bear hawk I'd be in like Flynn for 3 or 4 kits, plus a bunch of extra sets of front tyres....

2 hours ago, mheald said:

Yeah its been a super quiet year for sure, wonder why? Global financial slowdown? Or has the MB done super well and they've not needed to lean on the re-re's so heavily? Whatever happens more will come, I have no doubt. Even if Tamiya hit hard times and couldn't afford complex re-releases, they've got a few SUPER easy cars they could make. Mudblaster, Super Sabre, Terra Scorcher, Thunder Dragon, Avante 2001. All of those would take very, very little work on Tamiya's part and we'd all throw money at those I'm sure. That could keep them going on the re-re front for 3-4 years easily. Then if they got super stuck they could start re-re-re's lol. I missed the Dyna Storm, Thundershot and Fire Dragon, all of which I'd buy in a heart beat if they did a second run. I'd kill for a Thundershot!

Tamiya will not let us down, I have ultimate faith :)

Would be great if they re re re the boomerang again  , lot's of people would like to get one . I would

like to get another or two avante's  as well ( i only got one ) . Or they could bring out the re re re's in different colours ?. 

Would like a Boomerang black , with yellow wheels & white chassis ? or some thing alike . 

They have everything to remake it . Yer the super sabre would be great & mudblaster is even easyer , as they have

everything to make it .  

Then again it is good they have slowed down a little , so i hope i can catch up . But i have missed some & 

i think i won't be able to get them , as they have gone & the one's on evilbay are way to pricey !! . 

Not to sure why some didn't stay in production for long , the Avante didn't seem that long & the Egress

didn't start off to well & shut down as quick . I would like another Egress or two . So they could

make more money out of us yet :D ... 

I'm sure i'm working to pay for my Tamiya habbit :lol: .. 

I don't think it has been that bad of a year really. It's just that the disappointing predictabilty of the watered down Blackfoot re-release has skewed our views on how the year has gone, added to the fact that we have been spoit rotten for a number of years now therefore our expectations are super-high for more of the same.

Let's face it. If the Blackfoot had been re-released in full Ford regalia we would probably be saying it has been a good year so far. We have had another anniversary Porsche and the new MAN racing truck and they would have been nice sidehow releases to compliment the main event.

Kyosho re-releasing the Optima at the beginning of the year did Tamiya no favours either as it threw down a massive gauntlet to them.

If we are sitting here in 6 months time saying the same things then we can indeed judge it as a poor year, but let's see what happens eh? And has been pointed out above, the break from the re-release frenzy will ease the pressure on a lot of people and enable them to "catch up" a little bit. 

• Like 1

In all seriousness, is there that much left for rerelease that would actually prove popular enough (outside of this site at least) to make it a viable idea?

The Thundershot someone mentions above - these were distress sold into the trade only a few months after release as they just wouldn't sell, same went for the Fire Dragon.  I can't see the worldwide demand for a Striker or Falcon being that high (they weren't shhh.... very good really) and the older metal component cars have largely been done where possible, original Wild Willy might be an interesting subject, but for viability Tamiya needs to provide for the enthusiast/collector and the father buying for his kids - the Wild Willy II is a far far better car to be played with..

Where to next?   Brat body on this chassis gives you a Mud Blaster, but I remember the 80's - we all had Monster Beetles and Blackfoots around my way, the Blaster had a weak body shell if you planted it on it's roof - so just wasn't as popular and it'd be the same again.

• Like 4

I think the early cars would be destined to struggle as they were the first re-re's to hit the market. Many people had forgotten about Tamiya cars who'd hit their 30s. It's these very re-res that brought people like me back into the hobby...you know, the beginning of this crazy hobby when the thought of more than 2 or 3 rc cars seemed ridiculous so you'd not buy everything that came out...roll on 10yrs...50-60 cars later and you'll buy almost any re re that appears lol. Example, if they re released the re re's that I missed I'd buy at least 1 probably 2 of each now. There's life in the old dog yet!

3 hours ago, theshopkeeper said:

In all seriousness, is there that much left for rerelease that would actually prove popular enough (outside of this site at least) to make it a viable idea?

The Thundershot someone mentions above - these were distress sold into the trade only a few months after release as they just wouldn't sell, same went for the Fire Dragon.  I can't see the worldwide demand for a Striker or Falcon being that high (they weren't shhh.... very good really) and the older metal component cars have largely been done where possible, original Wild Willy might be an interesting subject, but for viability Tamiya needs to provide for the enthusiast/collector and the father buying for his kids - the Wild Willy II is a far far better car to be played with..

Where to next?   Brat body on this chassis gives you a Mud Blaster, but I remember the 80's - we all had Monster Beetles and Blackfoots around my way, the Blaster had a weak body shell if you planted it on it's roof - so just wasn't as popular and it'd be the same again.

There are six left that, IMO, would be met to a fanfare across the hobby, whereby a majority of people would be looking to buy. Those are, in order of probable popularity : -

1) Porsche 959

2) Blazing Blazer

3) Toyota 4 x 4 Pick Up (58028)

4) Ford Ranger XLT

5) Nissan King Cab

6) Top Force Evolution

Who knows what the chances are of these six coming back though.

The remaining kits merely have a small band of followers each and wouldn't be huge sellers. That doesn't mean that we won't see them though. Personally I still want to see the Astute come back.

I think I would be in the market for 4 out of the 6

Next will be the mud blaster because they have all the parts....the only thing they don't have is the stickers and the box...

I hope the king cab comes soon. I've wanted one of those for a long time...

On 6/15/2016 at 5:54 AM, Wandy said:

There are six left that, IMO, would be met to a fanfare across the hobby, whereby a majority of people would be looking to buy. Those are, in order of probable popularity : -

1) Porsche 959

2) Blazing Blazer

3) Toyota 4 x 4 Pick Up (58028)

4) Ford Ranger XLT

5) Nissan King Cab

6) Top Force Evolution

Who knows what the chances are of these six coming back though.

The remaining kits merely have a small band of followers each and wouldn't be huge sellers. That doesn't mean that we won't see them though. Personally I still want to see the Astute come back.

Porsche 959 is a massive yes for me...!

Yes , i have seen the same on Ebay today from Canada . Now i have seen the same Ebayer have Rere's 

b4 most people & selling them B4 anyone else does . Not cheap !! . 

****, you see nothing makes me want something more than seeing someone else having it earlier than they should do. It's not due out until September which feels like an age away.

I want, I want, I want!

• Like 1

I'm looking forward too this kit. I will be putting a deposit down on a pre order kit with my LHS on Monday.

Sidenote I would also buy a rere Mud Blaster ;)

1 hour ago, KalEl63 said:

I'm looking forward too this kit. I will be putting a deposit down on a pre order kit with my LHS on Monday.

Sidenote I would also buy a rere Mud Blaster ;)

Buy two BF's & use a Brat body + body mounts & you have a Mud blaster , Just need to find stickers :P .. 

Good to see ya back . 

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎29 at 1:41 AM, matman said:

Yes , i have seen the same on Ebay today from Canada . Now i have seen the same Ebayer have Rere's 

b4 most people & selling them B4 anyone else does . Not cheap !! . 

Canadian hobby shops have them in stock and are available locally for $199 Canadian funds in the stores. I simply haven't had time to pick mine up as the drive is a long way to the shop I go to from my place.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, matman said:

Buy two BF's & use a Brat body + body mounts & you have a Mud blaster , Just need to find stickers :P .. 

Good to see ya back . 

Yeah I was going to do that with a rere Monster Beetle but for a hard shell Brat body its around the $100.

I did consider getting two Brat kits as it might be cheaper but I don;t think so either.

Stickers wouldn't bother me as I wouldn't do it box art anyway

I'm just excited I'll have a Blackfoot

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KalEl63 said:

Yeah I was going to do that with a rere Monster Beetle but for a hard shell Brat body its around the $100.

I did consider getting two Brat kits as it might be cheaper but I don;t think so either.

Stickers wouldn't bother me as I wouldn't do it box art anyway

I'm just excited I'll have a Blackfoot

I can't wait for the BF , I had one in the 80's & loved it . So i want to get some 3 or 4 . But with our Aus $$ 

this may kill it , as i have not got the optima yet .  You would only need to buy one brat kit , as it come's with 

poly & hard body :D  . Well mine did ! .. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, backtomyroots said:

Canadian hobby shops have them in stock and are available locally for $199 Canadian funds in the stores. I simply haven't had time to pick mine up as the drive is a long way to the shop I go to from my place.

So $199 C , Is that cheap ? or the same as the MB price . When it came out . Well if ya got there & got one .

You will be the 1st on TC :D  ... So go & make that trip :lol:   .... 

1 hour ago, matman said:

I can't wait for the BF , I had one in the 80's & loved it . So i want to get some 3 or 4 . But with our Aus $$ 

this may kill it , as i have not got the optima yet .  You would only need to buy one brat kit , as it come's with 

poly & hard body :D  . Well mine did ! .. 

I want a Brat also and if i wasn't getting the BF the Brat was next on my list and still is in a sense since the BF replaced it.

Yep the AUD is killing me getting some kits also and have to be very selective in what I do and why I have shelved some custom Kits I wanted to build

I missed out on the rere Boomer and Avante over the years and have decided if it was a kit I wanted in my childhood I'm going to make them top of my list and newer kits like the MF-01X can wait

• Like 1

Fair do's, it is always nice to see some iconic box art make a return. But surely they could have at least coloured the new grille in black, as per the original?

Have all of the unnecessary holes been filled in on the body?