Wandy

Blackfoot re-release #58633

On 08/10/2016 at 9:23 AM, Prescient said:

If I was making these, I guess they would be circa £10-£14 per set for carbon.

The down side is, its not that nice a material to work with, the dust is dangerous so a mask is needed and it itches like mad once getting on your skin (like fiberglass wool does). 

hstfuo.jpg

Right, I have been experimenting with various options including different materials, thicknesses and shapes. The 2mm carbon sheet is the best material for this and also the most cost effective. 

The plates are suitable for any of the chassis with this gear box. 

The correct tightness is essential though as over tightening the locking nuts stiffens up the diff too much. 

Would there be much interest if I made a few sets for members on here, priced to cover material costs plus nominal amount of time?

• Like 1

My Blackfoot kit is waiting on my doorstep as I type!  Quick question...does anyone ever run their Blackfoot or any other Tamiya kits without the rubber o-rings in the rear axles?  I was watching a build video and the builder showed how his Blackfoot rear suspension would not move smoothly with the o-rings installed, like it would catch at certain stages of compression.  However, when he removed them the rear suspension moved much more freely.

I was just curious if anyone had any further information about this.

Thanks, Smug 

4 hours ago, Smug Monkey said:

My Blackfoot kit is waiting on my doorstep as I type!  Quick question...does anyone ever run their Blackfoot or any other Tamiya kits without the rubber o-rings in the rear axles?  I was watching a build video and the builder showed how his Blackfoot rear suspension would not move smoothly with the o-rings installed, like it would catch at certain stages of compression.  However, when he removed them the rear suspension moved much more freely.

I was just curious if anyone had any further information about this.

Thanks, Smug 

If I correctly recall with 2 o-rings on each outdrive, it would cause issues, but no problems with 1 per side. I built mine with only 1 o-ring per side and had no problems.

However, since installing the MIP diff, I'm not running any o-rings at all and have no issues, and my BF runs a brushless 17.5.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smug Monkey said:

Edited by JS273
Deleted double post.

18 minutes ago, JS273 said:

If I correctly recall with 2 o-rings on each outdrive, it would cause issues, but no problems with 1 per side. I built mine with ony 1 o-ring per side and had no problems.

However, since installing the MIP diff, I'm not running any o-rings at all and have no issues, and my BF runs a brushless 17.5.

Wow, talk about a quick reply.  Thanks!  

I will try it out with 1 o-ring per outdrive.

New here, just finished my Blackfoot Re-Release. Added some Flat-Iron tires and got a extra set of wheels that where painted black. Scale crawlers are sort of the rage right now so I sorta went for that look.

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

• Like 3