pizzachaude

Kyosho Optima re-release coming!

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. I have an original, but knowing the fine job the big K did on modernizing the Scorpion, this could really be something...

Blackfoot and optima? This is going to be a very expensive year😄

• Like 1

Blackfoot and optima? This is going to be a very expensive year

Very much so. We aren't even out of January and there are five newly announced kits that I want. Not complaining too much though, as it is great being part of a hobby where the manufacturers really listen to their customers and deliver on it.

I am surprised that Kyosho have revealed this so soon in the year though as I thought they would wait until the Shizuoka Fair in May at the earliest. They wouldn't make us wait until then for a proper look at this would they?

Kyosho are going to sell a LOT of these things. And of course this also means that a Javelin re-re is nailed on, with all sorts of new rollcages in weird and wonderful colours. :)

• Like 1

Assuming that is a photo of the re-release then it immediately looks like it has an all new front shock tower and improved driver figure. Let the analysis commence, lol.

• Like 1

Assuming that is a photo of the re-release then it immediately looks like it has an all new front shock tower and improved driver figure. Let the analysis commence, lol.

optima.jpg

• Like 1

Great news! Kyosho will be getting some of my readies this year then!

Turbo Optima for me, it's the only one I had back in the day so I'm not that au fait with the rest of them, optima mid etc? That picture above looks very similar to the one I had.

• Like 1

I had the Optima Pro before moving onto the Optima Mid and the Schumacher Pro-Cat, but always liked the looks of the original Optima and Turbo Optima. Lets hope Kyosho continue the trend with the Optima Mid next (not too soon though, I need to save up)

• Like 1

What's the difference between the Optima variants?#

The Turbo looks a longer wheelbase, or at least the cockpit looks longer than the above pic, what model is pictured?

Cheers

Nito

All the chain driver optimas were the same wheelbase, then there was the short and long wheelbase optima mids. Most of the variations with the original optimas were gold shocks, different motors & shells, some gold chassis parts and an altered steering servo position (on the Optima Pro). They all used the same basic chassis and were chain drive (with an optional belt conversion). See the image below for the full lineup, and the mid-engine belt drive started with Optima Mid:

Optima.jpg?psid=1

• Like 1

The image in question?

bn21-l.jpg

Optima_cc.jpg

Above photo from RC Car Action, used without permission.

Profile seems to match. Awesome. Buying 2 for sure.

• Like 2

I really thought kyosho would have re-released the Ultima 1st..? I love the Ultima for its more so slightly vintage appeal.. yet still excited about the optima :)

I think you are right on the front shock tower, be nice to have option house gold shocks in there...

• Like 1

The rear tower looks larger too actually. Not really a surprise that they would upgrade the shocks. The big question is...does it come with chain drive? I really hope so.

Jeez - i'd better finish off the resto of my original quick.

Rather embarassing to find its over 2 years since i cut the shell and I've still not painted it !...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71727

Nice to see it back, wonder what the decals will be like - its a paint job from badword to go boxart !

Should be able to pick up a new bumper soon - :D :D :D

• Like 1

The rear tower looks larger too actually. Not really a surprise that they would upgrade the shocks. The big question is...does it come with chain drive? I really hope so.

I thought that from the photo too, but the profile and diameter of the shocks looks like the size of the original red shock, rather than the gold option house.

Did the Tomahawk come with original length shocks? I wonder if it came with longer units that they will also use on the optima?